63: Things within 24 hours

Christine gave the hunter in the main room an annoyed look, "Are you really going to tase me?"

"Try to move or call someone I will."

"He said if I tried to leave or attack you." Christine corrected snarkily, "Not if I moved. What if I needed to pee or something?"

"Hand me the phone then."

Christine sent him a bemused smile before sauntering over to him and dropping her phone in his hand. Then she dug her hands through her pockets to reveal nothing else there. "Am I free to piss or are you going to pat me down?"

"Fuck off kid."

"Sir, yes sir." She saluted him before turning down the hall. Christine walked into her father's bedroom in the hotel before locking it shut. She released a low whistle as she looked out the window. "Damn, just had to be this high up." She walked out onto the balcony and peered to the one next door. Christine smiled before climbing onto the edge of the balcony and hopping into the one next door.

Odette looked up from her laptop and sent her niece a look, "Why the theatrics? The front door can be used. All you've got to do is knock."

"Couldn't. Dad has a hunter guarding my every move so-"

"That hunter was dumb enough to leave you alone?" Odette snorted in amusement before shutting her computer, "Alright, what's got Erik's balls in a damn twist?"

"Fuck-" Christine scratched the back of her head, "Well, all my evidence is not on me but-" There was a small pause before she squinted, "Okay, are you hiding anything from me? Because right now would be the best that you just lay it all out on me or I'll actually throw a dagger at you."

"Paige has been staying here and I've been training her."

"Oh, well fuck, I kinda guessed that. Thanks for the confirmation." Christine waved her hand up in the air, "Okay, way off fucking track her. What do you know about Uncle Andre's death?"

Odette's face instantly dropped, "Christine, can you not go and dig old demons up like this? I'm already struggling when I look at Paige because of how much she looks like her parents. I don't need a reminder on how I lost them."

"Well, dang, as much as I love you and care about your feelings. I think you'd much rather know this in the first place." Christine breathed in when she heard banging on the door, "Well fuck, that giant lug nut is looking for me."

"I'll handle it." Odette says with a dark look on her face, she looked incredibly angry and irritated. She pulled the door open and pointed her gun in front of her, "Step one foot into this hotel room and I blow your balls off. Got it?"

"Erik-"

"My brother can shove his orders up his ass for all I care. You know damn well that I can take you down within a second." Odette cocked the gun without even blinking, "Back away and go to Erik for new orders. Because he isn't my boss."