35: Enter the Mercier Hunters

With the longest and most irritated sigh, "And why exactly am I required to attend this ridiculous funeral? Wasn't it confirmed that she broke the code in the first place?"

Parking, Erik stared at the crowd of reporters, "Yes, but we pay respects to our fellow hunters. Especially when the Argents ask us specifically to come in."

Odette hummed from the passenger seat in the front as she uncrossed her legs, "They've come to wage war against the werewolf that killed his daughter."

Erik sent a look over to her as though telling her to keep her mouth shut on the matter, "Just get out and pay your damn respects."

Pushing the door open, Odette scoffed, "I fucking hate this damn town."

Christine looked between the two from the back seat before rolling her eyes and getting out as well. She kept a deep frown on her face as she flipped her hair over her shoulder. Without another word, she walked towards the crowd to get to the funeral.

Reporters instantly swarmed them, despite not knowing whether they were related to the deceased or not. Erik practically moved them out of the way without speaking to the reporters at all. Odette was the first under the police tape line, followed by Christine, and then finally Erik.

Christine turned back to the crowd with a deep glare for all the vultures when she noticed a teen maybe her own age with a camera pointed at her face. Which prompted her in flipping the teen off. Just before she could go confront him for sneaking through and taking photos of not just her but the entire funeral. Gerard Argent took the camera out of his hands. Making the crowd even grow silent.

"This looks expensive."

"Yeah, nine hundred bucks."

Gerard pulled the drive from it, "And how expensive is this?"

Erika grabbed Christine and pointed to the group in front of them.

"Erik-" Chris greeted him with a side hug, "It's good to see you."

"And you, Chris."

Allison eyed the new group of people, she maybe recognized the face of the man but not of the woman and teenager. She wasn't exactly in the mood for new faces or anything in this town going crazy.

"Allison, this is Erik and Odette Mercier-" Chris introduced the two adults to her before pointing to the teen, "And the last time I saw you, you were maybe ten years old Christine."

Christine gave him a smile, "Not ten anymore."

Victoria was never keen on this family as she gave them a rather neutral greeting.

"Christopher." Gerard approached them next and greeted his son.

"Gerard."

Victoria gave him a sympathetic look and hugged him, "I'm so sorry."