45: Late Night Drown Fest

Paige sat beside Stiles on the benches when she noticed Matt snapping photos of the game

Paige sat beside Stiles on the benches when she noticed Matt snapping photos of the game. He looked over at her and she waved as he snapped a photo of her and Stiles sitting together. She turned away from him while bouncing one of her legs, she kind of felt like she was having withdrawals. Or maybe the headache was sympathy pain for every player getting knocked down by the opposite team's monster. That player was huge.

Coach leaned over their shoulders while gaping at the player, "Come on, is that even a teenager? I wanna see a birth certificate. Who or what is that genetic experiment gone wrong?"

"Eddie Abramovitz, Coach." Stiles answers without taking his eyes on the scary player, "They call him The Abomination."

"Oh, that's cute."

"Your definition of cute is far different from my own." Paige whispers when another player on their team gets completely obliterated by The Abomination.

Wincing, Paige and Stiles stared as another player got knocked over. She felt Stiles nudge her side and they both got up. She walked behind the bleachers and got the keys from Allison. With a grin, she waves them to Stiles who nods his head in a direction so she would follow him.

Melissa noticed a man walk over as he searched the field, "Are you looking for a specific player?"

"Oh, I know she's not playing."

"She-" Melissa paused as a smile grew on her face, "Oh, are you related to Paige?"

Erik stopped and looked down at the woman sitting on the bleachers, "I am. Erik Mercier-" He reached for her hand as they shook them together, "I'm her uncle."

"Wow, I never get to meet anyone from her family." Melissa smiled and accepted his hand, "I'm Melissa McCall, I'm the mother of one of Paige's friends."

"Scott, right?"

Melissa gave him an even brighter smile, "Right. Come, sit."

Erik gave her a charming smile and took a seat beside her, "Where's your boy?"

"He's on the field right now." Melissa pointed him out as she adjusted herself a little bit, "Last time I saw Paige she was on the bench. I felt so bad when she came in with all those fractures."

"Stiles-" Paige hissed when he suddenly stopped, but that's when she noticed Lydia in her car crying.

"Hey, Lydia, what's wrong?" Stiles asks but she was already trying to pull up her window, "Lydia, come on-"

"Lydia-"

Lydia hid her face away from the two of them, "Just go away."

Stiles sent a look to Paige before his focus moved back on Lydia, "What's wrong?"

"Look, I don't need anyone seeing my cry."

Paige didn't say anything at all since she felt like it should be Stiles saying stuff. After all, he had this huge crush on the red head so this was a chance to get closer to her.