13: Walking on Sunshine

Paige exhaled while listening to Stiles complain on the other end of the phone about Scott trusting Derek

Paige exhaled while listening to Stiles complain on the other end of the phone about Scott trusting Derek. By trusting he meant the fact that Derek was apparently training Scott so he would be able to face the Alpha.

"I think you're blowing this out of proportion." Paige admits to him while walking up to her fridge to get some juice. She pulled the fridge door open, "Derek turned out to not be the Alpha. Yeah, he's horrifying but so far he hasn't killed us so that's good, right?"

"You're supposed to be on my side."

She snorted while pulling the carton out of the fridge, "I'm not on any side. This is a fight between you and Scott. Not me. So I'm Switzerland. I'm neutral and I will stay out of it."

"You're no help."

"I'm here to listen to you rant. Not to help you out or make you feel better about ignoring Scott."

"Fine, so what's your problem? Did you figure out what's going on with you?"

Paige hummed as she poured herself a glass, "Well, the internet doesn't exactly have all the answers. So I'm getting nothing there. If it gets any worse I'll talk to my aunt about it."

"You should go to the hospital."

"Awe, look at you worrying about me-"

"I'm serious."

Paige shut the fridge slowly and released a long sigh. She placed her forehead against the fridge. Stiles and her might fight like siblings, but that also meant they cared about each other like siblings. And this was sounding an awful lot like something his mom had. Which made Paige kind of scared for him, not even herself. She didn't want him to relive something like that but with her.

"I know. I'm sorry. But it hasn't happened lately. So I'm sure I'm fine."

"I still think you should get professional help. You might be going crazy."

Hearing his tone change, Paige instantly rolled her eyes, "Wow. Okay. I'm hanging up now."

"Goodnight, bumble-bee."

"Night, rat-face." Paige quickly hung up the phone before he could retort. She laughed and drank down the juice. She kept humming a happy tune and picked up the stack of mail on the kitchen island, which was beside a glass of half drinken wine meaning Maggie was in the bathroom.

She snickered while going through the mail with a smile on her face. Paige stopped on a handwritten letter. Everything else had been bills and ads, but this was actually handwritten. It was really nice handwriting. Very nice in fact. But it was the name on the front that made her stare so intently at it.

Richard Sommers

Paige didn't know much about her family. She never really thought about asking because Maggie was her family. Paige just needed to know about her parents, Phoebe and Andre. That was enough for her. After all, no other family member ever visited from either side. So she just assumed that was it. Either there was a falling out or there was no one else. But this was a Sommers, this had to be a relative from her mother's side of the family.