23: Mercier Friendships

Paige let out a long groan while picking her head up at the sound of her alarm going off

Paige let out a long groan while picking her head up at the sound of her alarm going off. She slowly sat up and rubbed at her eyes, she could tell that her hair was sticking up in different directions. Paige grabbed the end of her bed to assist herself in standing up. She wasn't entirely shocked to see that Derek wasn't there. But she was surprised to see the photo album on her bed opened up.

She felt herself grow extremely warm. Those were photos of her family and of her as a kid. He had actually gone through that meaning he saw every embarrassing photo of her. Paige quickly put the album back under her pillow and tidied up her room. She should have figured he'd find it since her hiding spot was under her pillows.

"Paige-" Her aunt knocked on her door when Paige noticed that Derek's leather jacket was on the headboard of her bed. "I've got breakfast made downstairs. I hope you eat with me today."

"I told Stiles I would meet him early at the school." Paige lied while picking the leather jacket up, it was large and actually incredibly heavy meaning it was real leather, "Eat without me."

Paige heard her aunt shuffling on the other side for a couple seconds before nothing. She dropped onto her bed in a huff, noticing her own reflection in her vanity mirror at the end of her room. If it weren't for her pajamas on, she could definitely be mistaken as someone who just had a tumble in the bed with a young man because of her hair and the jacket in her hands. Which only made her more embarrassed. She was so nonchalant that she didn't even realize how bad this could look like if her aunt caught her.

And he was a criminal of the law right now too, so that would definitely make it worse.

Getting ready for her day was incredibly normal, though she was still having a slight paranoia that Derek could still be somewhere in her house when he was obviously not there anymore. Her walk felt pretty normal too. Like this was probably the most normal she had felt in a while. She was munching on an apple, which had natural sugars so it was still sweet, while listening to her normal music for the day.

"Hey, kiddo-"

Paige barely heard the voice over her music but it did shock her enough to knock her headphones off. With wide eyes, she stared at the car beside her since it had stopped. "Uh..."

"I'm Allison's aunt." The woman explained with a smile on her face, she pointed ahead of her, "I'm sorry. This must be weird. I just recognized you."

"Oh-" Paige breathed out with a small nervous smile on her face. This woman definitely scared the crap out of her and she did not like it at all. She knew that there was no way that Kate could know that she was there at the Hale house that night. She didn't get spotted. Hopefully. "No, it's-it's okay."

"Why are you walking on your own?" Kate asks in concern, "Here, get on in and I can drive you."

"I-I usually walk." She answers while scratching the back of her neck, "And I'm not really close to Allison, I'm-I'm just friends with Scott."