22: House Swap

"Okay, fill me in

"Okay, fill me in." Paige and Stiles say at the same time as they met up the next day at Paige's house.

"Uh, so, Derek is on our side with the Alpha, but I'm sure you're not shocked by that cause you always turn out to be right. Scott almost killed Jackson. And now I'm hiding a fugitive from the cops in the house of the Sheriff."

Paige released a laugh and pointed at him, "Oh, that's hilarious to be honest. You out of all people are hiding Derek in your house? I-" She covered her mouth to try and stop herself from laughing, "I am so sorry, but that-that's so funny."

"You can gladly take him. I'm sure you'd be able to hide a giant werewolf in your house with your aunt."

She decided to ignore the comment on his height since that was definitely a jab at the fact that she was short. Paige pulled the album out from under her pillow and flipped to the marked page, "Here."

"Is this-" Stiles stared at the photo in confusion, "There's a glare."

"Yeah, but only on those three." Paige points out as she flipped and revealed the other photos, "Just them in every photo. I don't recognize them at all."

"Yeah, they probably fell out of your family once your mom and dad died." Stiles shifted on the bed and crossed his legs, "So, the people who probably know about your family would be them. I'm sure they're not dead. I mean this kid-" He pointed at the small boy that he could barely see because of the glare, "He looks like he could be nine or something. You sure you don't recognize him?"

"I don't recognize anyone in this photo but my aunt. And technically my parents because I've seen enough photos to know those are my parents." Paige explains while pointing at the photo, "One of those three can help me. Or at least the adults in the picture. They've got to know something about my family. Or what happened between them. Or..."

"Or what?"

"Or anything." Paige finished desperately but mainly because she didn't want to say that she thought something was going on with her because she didn't want to just be wrong. Maybe she was just incredibly empathic, some people were just like that.

Stiles blew air from his mouth and fell back in her bed, "I'm serious about that swap. Maybe we can do a thing where some nights you have Derek and others I have him."

"You're making us sound like a divorced couple." Paige mumbles while dropping down beside him, "But sure. It might be helpful since your dad is the Sheriff."

"So..." Stiles rolled over onto his side, "I understand wanting to know your family... but what's got you really interested?"

"Wouldn't you be interested if you find out that you're parents and aunt decided to just ditch their families?"

"You know, you don't know if that's true about your dad."

Paige flipped over so she was onto her stomach, "Do you see any Mercier family around Beacon Hills?"