68: Permanent, like our friendship

"Are you sure you don't want one too?"

Paige shook her head with pursed lips, "Nah, I'm good. I'm not really into having tattoos. Plus, I learned that if I'm not careful I can break the needle with my arm."

"You can what?" Stiles blinks a few times as his neck bends and practically snaps, "I'm sorry, repeat that."

"Okay, so I have never had shots before." Paige points out to them while she smiled, "My Aunt Maggie used Uncle Deaton for all my shots for school, but apparently my body kind of rejects them unless I'm on a specific drug that can mess with fairies. Which Deaton refuses to keep in case something bad happens to me. Right, I'm getting off topic. So, I am incredibly durable and if I think too hard I'll break the needle before it could enter my skin."

"Ah..." Stiles just stared at her for a couple minutes, "I thought I knew everything about you but you somehow surprise me everytime when you open your mouth."

"You love me."

"I hate you."

"Awe, that's so kind of you to say."

Scott only smiled over at his closest friends, "This is nice."

The tattooist walked back into the room with the parchment, "Boy, it's a good thing you drew me a picture."

Stiles rubbed the back of his neck as he watched the tattoo artist begin to prep his station, "Hey, Scott, sure you don't want something like this?"

"Stiles, how many times are you going to try to convince him to not get a tattoo?"

"Well, I-Nevermind." Stiles mumbles softly while teetering on his feet, "I don't know, mna, are you sure about this? I mean, these things are pretty permanent, you know?"

"I'm not changing my mind."

"He's not changing his mind."

Stiles only sent the two of them a look, "Okay, but why two bands?"

"I just like it."

Paige didn't say a word but she actually knew the meaning of the tattoo. She was the one who kept bugging about it in the first place since he told her about getting a tattoo first. So prying out the meaning was what she instantly did.

"But don't you think your first tattoo should have some sort of meaning, you know, or something?"

"Okay, but getting a tattoo means something itself." Paige points out as she places her hands on Scott's shoulders, "It means something to him to do this. So let him do it."

"Well, I don't think that's-"

"She's right." The tattoo artist says, "Tattooing goes back thousands of years. The tahitian word 'tatua' means 'to leave a mark'. Like a rite of passage."

"Yeah, you see?" Scott and Paige send him a smile, "He gets it."

"He's covered in tattoos, guys, literally."