4: It was scary

Paige hummed in happiness after Stiles handed her the promised milkshake

Paige hummed in happiness after Stiles handed her the promised milkshake. Which happened to be the oreo one, her absolute favorite shake at Jack in the Box. If it was McDonald's, her favorite was the Shamrock, but sadly that was a seasonal drink.

"Danny, did I ever mention that you're attractive."

Danny shot Paige a pure confused look, "You know I'm gay, right?"

"I know." Paige slurped the rest of her shake down, before throwing it towards the trash. When it scored she kicked her legs in happiness, "I'm just saying, you're very attractive."

He paused and felt the smile appear on his face, "Well... then thank you, Paige."

"No problem." She hums happily while standing up and patting his back. Paige walked around the corner to find Stiles and Scott, "What's..." Paige's smile shifts when she sees that Scott is rather panicky, "What on earth did I miss?"

"Allison's dad is the hunter that shot at Scott last night."

"Oh..." Paige winces and pats his shoulder, "I'll be just fine."

"How are you always so optimistic?" Stiles mumbles before he focuses back on Scott, "Hey, you are all right. All right? He didn't recognize you, right?"

"No." Scott stutters, "N-no, I don't think so."

Paige cocked her head to the side, mainly asking this for herself, "Does she know about him?"

Scott's head swivelled to look at Paige in horror, "I don't know. What if she does? This is going to kill me-"

"Okay, just focus on lacrosse." Stiles dug through Scott's locker and handed him his shirt, "Okay, here, Scott. Take this."

Paige knelt down and picked up his gear, "And this, just focus on the game, okay? Just the game. That's all you have to do, yeah?"

"Lacrosse."

Stiles nods his head with a grin, trying to get Scott excited about it, "Yeah, here we go!"

Paige gave him a reassuring smile that seemed to make him feel a little better, but not enough to calm him down. She walked out onto the field, holding her lacrosse stick in her hand and pulled her helmet on. She noticed that Stiles was on the bench today, which was weird since Coach asked her to get on the field for once. Maybe just because Greenburg was pissing him off.

She stood across from Jackson, lifting one of the balls in her lacrosse stick. Paige glanced back at Scott with a nervous smile, and then took off towards Jackson. She never really tried when playing the game, which was why she was always on the bench. But Paige knew she was relatively fast because of how small she was in comparison to the guys on the team. For once, Paige used this and ducked under Jackson's arm and threw the ball. Barely missing the goalie's stick, she made it in.

"Oh!" Paige threw her helmet off and jumped in the air, "I did it!"

"Lucky shot, Mercier!" Coach yells out to her, "Back in the line."