57: Claws and Guns

"I don't know if I like you or not

"I don't know if I like you or not."

Paige closed her locker and blinked her eyes a couple of times. She was supposed to meet Scott and Stiles after class so they could all head to the Vet Clinic together. Despite Paige and Stiles mumbling a bit about having to be stuck together. Poor Scott, completely stuck in the center.

"I'm sorry, what?"

Christine was leaning against the other locker while staring at her cousin, "I'm debating whether I like you or not."

"Okay..." Paige wasn't entirely sure where this was coming from or why she suddenly brought it up, "And?"

Pursing her lips, Christine huffs, "I like your attitude. One hundred percent enjoy it. Though you're too damn nice, which is so irritating. You're also pretty, which is a good thing. At least we know that the Mercier's are still attractive."

"Please get to your point."

Christine pursed her lips in amusement, "Ah, I see there's a bit of bite there. How fun."

"Christine-"

"Why does my dad keep butting into your life?"

Paige blinked her eyes slowly, letting that question process in her mind, "Okay, I'm sorry, what?"

"As much as I'd like to believe that my father is here simply because of Gerard needing assistance, I know him. He's not good at hiding anything. He has a real agenda and I'm pretty sure you're a part of it."

"Well, get me out of it." Paige huffs, that man wasn't exactly her favorite person. He made her feel a bit uncomfortable in the first place so she'd rather not have him around. She'd much prefer talking to her Aunt Maggie than her Uncle Erik. "I literally have no time for any of that right now. I would much prefer not dealing with Mercier family drama."

"Why? Because you're with your werewolf friends dealing with the scary lizard boy?"

"As a matter of fact, yes, sure. So are we done here?"

"Ooh, where'd all that perk go?" Christine followed behind her with her hands stuffed into her jean pockets, "Don't tell me it's because you and that Garden Troll are fighting?"

"How could you tell we're fighting?"

"Seriously? Miss Happy-go-lucky and Mister Jumble-his-speech are suddenly not talking to each other and being all tense as fuck?" Christine stopped her before she could walk out of the building, "Hell, Paige, I could tell that something is up by just hearing you speak. It's not that hard to guess."

Paige scratched the back of her head and released a long sigh, "Okay, cool, are we done here?"

"I'm done. I'm done. Go have fun being a good hunter."

Choosing to no longer entertain Christine, Paige pushed the double doors open and rushed out into the parking lot. She noticed Scott leaning against Stiles' jeep with Stiles inside of it. Scott sat up and waved her over with a smile on his face.