14: One call

Paige squinted under the sun and raised her head up to cover the light from hitting her eyes

Paige squinted under the sun and raised her head up to cover the light from hitting her eyes. She was seated beside Stiles on the bench as Scott paced. She lifted her bag of red vines to him with a smile and he accepted it. She glanced back over to what Stiles was doing before raising her other hand. She pointed to her head and twirled her finger, indicating that Stiles was acting crazy. This calmed some of Scott's nerves over everything. And she could practically feel how nervous and anxious he was feeling. It was actually a little overwhelming but the snacks were helping her.

"Okay." Stiles finally spoke, making Scott stop his pacing, "Now, put this on."

Scott held the strap up, "Isn't this one of the heart rate monitors for the track team?"

"Yeah." Stiles confirmed, "I borrowed it."

"So you stole it?" Paige hums and points a red vine his way, "Classy."

"Temporarily misappropriated." He swats her hand away from him with a scowl and just continues to explain the need for the device, "Coach uses it to monitor his heart rate with his phone while he jogs, and you're gonna wear it for the rest of the day."

"You stole Coach's phone, didn't you?"

"Yep." Stiles raised the device up, "I did."

Scott could only stare down in confusion, "Why?"

Stiles sighs and swings his leg over the bench so he was fully facing Scott, "All right, well, your heart rate goes up when you wolf out, right? When you're playing lacrosse, when you're with Allison, whenever you get angry. Maybe learning to control it is tied to learning to control your heart rate."

"Mmm." Paige nods in her own understanding, though she kind of got the gist of the situation the second Stiles pulled out the heart rate monitor, "So like the Incredible Hulk."

"Kind of like the Incredible Hulk, yeah."

Scott beamed at the reference made of a superhero, "I'm like the Incredible Hulk."

Stiles only rolled his eyes and extended his arm further with the device, "Would you just shut up and put the strap on?"

Paige snickered and set her snacks down on the bench to hop up to her feet. She caught the tape as Stiles tossed it to her, "Are we obstructing his use of his arms?"

"Yep."

"What?"

Paige raised her finger and twirled it, "Turn around."

Scott did as he was told and felt uncomfortable as Paige wrapped the tape around his wrists, holding them together behind his back, "This isn't exactly how I wanted to spend my free period."

"I mean-" Paige pulled more of the duct tape off the roll, "If this works then you're all set to hang with Allison without worries. So this is much better than doing nothing."