56: The Accident

Erik pinched the bridge of his nose as he listened to his brother on the other end, "Andre, you know how the other hunter factions feel

Erik pinched the bridge of his nose as he listened to his brother on the other end, "Andre, you know how the other hunter factions feel. Why are you pushing so badly? You can do what you want with our family, but don't bring the others into it."

"The Calaveras have already agreed to talk to Phoebe and I."

"You two need to be focusing on your daughter, you know the child you're keeping a secret, not the affairs of the hunters." Dropping down in his seat, Erik set another case in front of him while he noticed his wife and his own daughter passing the room, "Besides, the Calaveras don't exactly like our family. Dad made that very clear to steer clear from them all."

"Those hunters could harm my family. We needed to make these changes years ago and you know it."

Another aggravated sigh came from him, his brother completely ignoring his warning on the Calaveras family, "And have you spoken to the Argents?"

"I talked with Chris, and his father agreed to sit down with me when he can."

"Gerard Argent agreed to talk to you about being peaceful with monsters?" Erik didn't entirely believe that, he heard a beep on the other end and pulled the phone away, "Odette is calling me."

"Okay."

"Hey-" Erik says rather sternly before he hangs up to answer their sister, "Be careful. I know you and Chris are good friends, but Gerard-"

"I can handle that old man."

"I'm serious, Andre."

"I get that Gerard and dad were all buddy-buddy." Andre sighs back to him. Faintly, Erik could hear the sound of crying and then Phoebe's soft voice, "Hey, I need to head out. The drive is going to be long."

"Okay, Andre, just be-"

"Careful. I get it."

Despite her aunt offering multiple times, Paige chose to walk to school rather than have Odette drop her off. She had this weird feeling about car rides, she was primarily accustomed to Stiles' driving. And obviously he wasn't driving her anywhere.

It almost felt wrong not talking to Stiles or hanging out with him. But it was him who was in the wrong, not her. She wanted an apology and she didn't plan on just forgiving him just because she missed him. And she did. Stiles was her best friend and she loved him, but he went too far and didn't consider her feelings.

"Paige!" Scott waved his arm around at the sight of her, his normal goofy smile on his face as he saw one of his best friends approaching. The other skulking behind him like a child at the sight of her.

"Hey-" She skipped over to him with a bright smile on her face, though it almost seemed a little fake to her, "Did you figure out another way to get tickets?"