Epilogue

YVE

We've gone through Europe last year for our honeymoon, but we visited again this year to renew our vows as husband and wife. It was a magical trip, as all our trips have been.

The last leg of our vacation is the US. I asked him if we could do something unconventional as getting married in Vegas by Elvis. He didn't want to at first, he said I deserved more than a Vegas wedding. But I really wanted something different so he finally agreed.

We spent two nights in Vegas where I had a plan, I convinced him to go see his mother while I went home ahead of him. Even if he's been telling me he's fine, I wanted him to try to build his relationship with the only two other members of their family.

In the end he gave in, I wasn't about to take no for an answer. So the next day, we part ways at the airport.

"I'll see you by the end of the week." I said.

"You can choose to be with me, I can still change flights." He said.

"He had his arms around my waist and I had my arms on his shoulders. "Honey..." I started saying when he cut me off. "I know. Sooner or later I'm going to have to do this, can't I choose later?"

We've talked about this, something inside me wanted to take it back and ask him to just fly home with me, but I persisted. He needs to do this.

"You know, sooner or later, you're going to have to face your mom." She found out he wasn't in medical school anymore and she can't find him anywhere. "You can't hide from her forever." He looks defeated. He knows I'm right.

"But, I'll miss you." He said.

"And I'll miss you. But it's just a few days." I needed to get some rest, I've been feeling sluggish the past few days, probably due to fatigue, we've been traveling for 11 weeks already.

He pulled me closer to him, "I love you, Yve. I love you so much."

"I love you too, JC. More than my life." We hear my flight being called and we walked to get me boarded.

Before I could say anything as I turned to him to say goodbye, he kissed me, hard. Then when he pulled away he said, "I love you, Yve. Don't ever forget that."

"I love you too." I replied then turned to leave him standing there.

JC never made it to his mom. I was told he was on the phone arguing with someone when he met the accident and his car went over a cliff and into the water. They were still searching for his body.

Not JC.  Please, no.