Chapter 12

YVE

I got discharged from the hospital yesterday. And I think I like being cared for by my very own personal doctor while I'm at home.

I feel a lot better now, although I'm still sore and weak. I got messages from my friends telling me to get well soon. Joey was coming over after class though. JC told him to go to the mall downstairs and they'll come up together. I was waiting for them to get here.

I got out of bed and into the living room just as JC and Joey arrived.

"You're out of bed, love." JC said and planted a kiss on my forehead.

I nod my head yes and said, "I feel so much better and I'm not dizzy anymore."

"That's good. And you're not so pale anymore, the medicines have kicked in." He stays near me as I walked towards the sofa and sat down. "Hi Joey." I said and gestured for him to sit too.

"You guys stay and chat, I need to send a couple of emails at work." JC said then he looked at me and said, "just holler if you need me, ok?"

"Yes honey. Thanks."

He nods his head towards Joey then turned to go to the room.

Joey was looking at me, then he looked at my rings, "You guys got married, didn't you?"

I was staring at him, I didn't know what to say to that. Did JC tell him. "You have two rings Yve, your engagement ring and a wedding band, which JC also has. But more than the rings, you wouldn't live with a man unless you already tied the knot." Up until today, he didn't know JC and I were living here.

"Are you mad?" I asked.

"Me? Of course not. I've never seen you so happy." He said and smiled.

"Thanks Joey. You and Sandra's family are invited to our wedding in December. I need passports."

"Whoa, passports? Where are you getting married? And why are you getting married again?"

"In Bali. Because we want to get married again, this time with JC's dad present." And I giggled.

"You're already married Mrs. JC Yu, what's with the girlish giggle?" He asked me teasingly.

"I just feel all giddy and happy." I can see that Joey was really happy for me.

"So, you'll be there for my wedding?" I asked.

"Of course. Just send me the details, and the ticket." And we both laughed. "Of course. We wouldn't have met if it weren't for you." I said after a while.

"Maybe. But you guys would've found each other somehow. You guys are meant to be together." He said which made me turn Crimson.

After a few minutes he asked, " So, what happened to you?"

"I had a miscarriage. But no worries. I'm fine now. We didn't even know I was pregnant, it was way to early. It was an ectopic pregnancy so we had no way of knowing." I told him and explained, "only, when you have a miscarriage, it's worse than giving birth, more painful, or so I've been told, although I blacked out before we left here."

"You look pale. It's good JC took medicine so he knows what he's doing, and your father-in-law's a doctor."

"Yeah, I was lucky. Otherwise, I don't know what could've happened to me." I told him honestly.

He was quiet for a while, as if contemplating whether to tell me or not. "Just say it Joey." I said.

"Miggs was near our classrooms yesterday. He seems to be waiting for you. Then today he came to see me." He said. Why would he be looking for me after having gotten Roselle pregnant?