Chapter 3

YVE

When I saw JC at the coffee shop I knew something was wrong. I've never seen him like that. I wasn't sure if it was the right time to introduce him to Ethan but it seemed fine. And I can see that he was really ok with Ethan, he wasn't just pretending. I had to wait until he was ready to tell me what was wrong. I didn't have to wait for long.

He told me about his chat with JM.

I thought he'd go to our room and check his emails before he'd talk to me, but he didn't, we read the emails together and my heart broke for them.

JC cried and the only thing I thought I could do was hold him, let him feel that he's not alone. I felt his need for a connection and I hope he felt it when we made love. I can see that huge weight has been lifted off his shoulders after he read and answered his dad's emails. I hope he and his dad will be able to mend their relationship.

We were on our way back to a meeting with the cheerleaders in school, I was staring at him, I love this man so much.
"Like what you see baby?" He teased, glancing sideways at me.

I tease him back and say, "Of course, I have one hot husband, what's not to like?"

Then I remembered, "JM and Leah."

"What about them love?" He asked.

"In your dad's email," she said and I cut her off by saying, "our dad's email." I look at him and he's right, we were married already.

"In dad's email, he said he met JM's girlfriend Leah. And she just moved in." He looks uncomfortable now. "Did you know?" I asked him.

"No baby. Not really. I asked JM and he said they'd tell us when they get here. I guess JM didn't count on dad saying anything." A slow smile spread across my face.

"If they're together now, I'm so happy for them. They both deserve to be happy." I said. Then I remembered what Leah said before we left, we could end up with the same family name, and I blushed.

"What are you thinking of?" JC asked glancing sideways at me.

I decided to tell him the truth, "During our wedding reception, when you and JM and Raven were talking with grandma, Leah said... Leah said we could end up with the same family name, if everything works out."

"Really?" His face lighting up.

"What do you know that I don't?" I asked him. Please don't tell me he's not that into her. Leah would be devastated. "JM would need your help with the ring and convincing Leah to say yes." He said.

I squeeled. "Really?" I clap my hands and squeal again. I was so happy for my best friend.

"Baby, I love that your happy and all that but your pitch is really high and it..."

I cut him off. "I'm so sorry baby. I'm just really happy." I said before I kissed him on his cheek.

"When is he planning to ask her?" I asked him.

"I'm guessing in a few months. He said she's not a Harry Winston kind of girl so what would you suggest." He looked uncomfortable, I know who Harry Winston is, and I've seen some pieces, they're very expensive, half of the money you pay for is the name of the jeweler.

Wait, why does JC look uncomfortable? The light shone on my rings and it catches my eye.

Then it hit me.

I looked at JC, then I look at my rings, then at JC. He glance my way and I think he knew what I was going to say.

"Yes, you're wearing a Harry Winston. I only wanted the best for you." He said.