Chapter 24

YVE

JC and I decided to wear matching outfits for tonight's party. I was wearing a simple fitted white halter top over khaki shorts which fit me so I can move when I dance tonight and wedge sandals, I do need a few inches. And JC looked dashing in his white long sleeved beach shirt and khaki pants.

We walked hand in hand towards the area where dinner was set to be served and as the coordinator saw us, they announced our presence and our friends and family cheered. I saw JC's friends at the same table as some of my friends and realized these guys were expects at that.

JC and I went around the tables to greet our guests and they were congratulating us. It was such a festive atmosphere, everyone was in high spirits, including Ryan.

We were seated with our family there would be some presentations for tonight. A small stage was also set up and in the middle was a dance floor.

Once everyone has had their fill, Cara and Katie went up to the stage. Everyone turned to look at them.

"Good evening everyone. This night is special for JC and Yve, who will be renewing their vows tomorrow, after six months of being married." Everyone laughed at that.

"You see, that was such a small wedding with just their family, NOW, this will be made more meaningful because of more people present, especially us."

"Now JC," Cara said, "we know you're crazy in love with our friend so we made a little something for you. Well, quite a bit of little stuff for you to show you Yve as we know her, and what it was like growing up with her." JC turned to me then and smiled. He heard stories but this would be different, I hope nothing embarrassing comes out of this.

"Lights off please." And Cara and Katie both sat down to watch.

"In the beginning... A little girl was enrolled in nursery." It showed a picture of me as a nursery student, thank god I wasn't a small child. JC leaned over to me and whispered teasingly, "You weren't so small back then." I turned to him and put out my tongue.

Then came pictures of me with my friends in preschool. Programs and stuff. Then came ballet pictures, "She took up ballet and met Leah for the first time. It was hate at first sight that you'd wonder how these two ended up being best friends. Of course only a few people remember ballet class at that age." And we saw pictures of me and Leah in leotards, during practice and the recitals themselves.

"In elementary,this math wizard's grades were so tipped over to math that you would think she was a human calculator or something, but she wasn't fond of studying. And by third grade, she'd leave her books in school." More pictures were shown, including pictures of math quiz bees. JC wasn't paying any attention to me anymore, he was looking at each and every picture.

"Of course when cheering competitions began, she joined in. Our first, ever was in 5th grade." Then we watched as they showed pictures of practices then highlights of our routine. "Then in sixth grade." They showed pictures of rehearsals and highlights of that routine too. "And in seventh grade, we finally won." And highlights were shown plus pictures of the celebration after.

"Of course Yve and Ethan became an item and were inseparable." They showed pictures of me with Ethan and in more than half, we had Leah with us. And JC looked at me and smiled.

Then they showed pictures of our elementary graduation. And my picture accepting my diploma.

"High school is the best time of our lives. And like any other dancer, Yve's life revolved around dancing." They showed highlight of various dances I performed. "Of course the cheering competition, where we obviously loss." They showed our signature cheers this time which they would show as our routines changed as we got older.