Chapter 17

YVE

When we reached the penthouse, all the lights inside were closed. We went inside and as soon as I locked the door, JM peeped out of their room and walked towards us.

"I didn't tell JC you guys were coming back tonight, I told him to go to sleep already." He said smiling. "What made you decide to come home early?" He asked us.

"She wanted to come home." Leah told JM. He smiled at me and teased, "Can't stay away?"

"Yup, can't sleep without him beside me." I said honestly.

Then as if reality hit him, "Who drove?" He asked Leah.

"Yve did." She said, "She's the only one who really can at night. Besides, she's the one who wanted to come home." She added teasingly.

"You should've just called us, we could've come get you guys you know." He told her, which made me smile.

"What is it with you brothers always wanting to pick us up?" I asked teasingly.

"We just want to take care of our women." He teased back.

"We'll keep that in mind." I said, as I started to walk towards our bedroom, "Goodnight you two." Then I looked at Leah and said, "Thanks."

"You figured it all out on your own in the end." She said before she smiled. I waved to them before I turned to the hallway towards our room.

I didn't think about what I'd do if the door was locked. I turned the knob and luckily, it was open. I figured out why he didn't come out of the room when we arrived. He had his earbuds on and his iPod was beside him. I locked the door before I went to the walk-in closet to get a shirt of his to sleep in. I walked towards the bed and moved to see what he was listening to when I saw it was my playlist. It was the album made up of all the songs he made me sing and he recorded for his iPod for his listening pleasure as he calls it.

I watched him sleep for a few minutes. He looks stressed, not the way he usually does when he's sleeping. I climbed into bed, careful not to wake him and gently pulled off his earbuds. As soon as I took them out he opened his eyes and grabbed both my hands.

When he saw it was me he pulled me to him and held me tightly against him for a few minutes. He glanced at the clock and saw that it was past 11. He pushed off of me so he can look at me.

"When did you get here? How did you get home?" He asked anxiously.

"A little before 11 on the dashboard clock when we reached the parking in the basement." I said.

"Did you drive?" He asked.

"Yes honey. I wanted to come home to you." I said. I hope he lets it go. He's not very fond of me driving this late.

"Really?" He asked, then added, "you could've called me honey, JM and I could've come and picked you both up. Well, all three of you." He added.

I smiled, "You and your brother. You are so alike. He said the same thing when we arrived."

"Well, we would've, you know." He said.

"What about Ethan?" He asked, he remembered.

"We dropped him off first." I said.

"Next time, hopefully not under the same circumstances, just call us and we'll come get you." He said.

"Imagine, if we called you both to pick us up then you would've just reached us and by this time we'd all still be on the road. Whereas we drove home to you both, now we're all in bed, don't you think this is better?" I told him, then I added, "and I've been driving myself at this hour long before I met you. I do know how to be careful."