Chapter 8

JC

"Jace, you need to wake up, it's almost 6 pm and we're having dinner at your in-laws, right?" It was dad. For a moment I thought I was dreaming, since when did dad do that. Then I remembered he really is here and he will be from now on. I opened my eyes and saw him looking at me.

"Wake up.  JM left to get ready already. Didn't you get any sleep?" He asked teasingly.

I sat up on the bed then said, "I did, a couple of hours, but Yve and I talked first." He was looking at me, I think he understood what I meant.

I continued, "Yes dad, her insights were enlightening. And as much as I want to hate mom for what she did, because of what my wife said, I don't. To a point, I can even understand her."

Dad was smiling at me, "That's why I knew I could tell you. Thank you Jace. Sharing it with you has lightened my load tremendously. And having you kids around is something I'm really looking forward to."

"Me too dad. I'm sure JM and Raven are too. I'd better go back to my wife and get ready. We'll leave at 6:30, ok?"

"Sure. Now go get ready."

When I got back to the room, my clothes were on the bed, of course my wife chose them for me. When she saw me, she smiled. She's dressed already and has dried her hair. "Hi baby. I'm glad you got to sleep for a while." I walked toward her and wrapped her in my arms again. I love having her in my arms. It's rubbed off on me, just as kissing has rubbed off on her. I feel her smile.

"Hurry up and take a shower love, otherwise everyone will start teasing you." We were both laughing when I let her go.

"Yes love." I said then head to the bathroom. I was done and dressed by 6:20. I walked over to my wife and pick her up to kiss her. I really do love kissing her, I wasn't sure if she does too, but it seems so. Well, she told me she loves kissing me so I guess that's settled then.

When Raven came in, "Can you guys do that later? We're hungry you know." She said teasingly.

We pull apart and walked hand in hand to the door. Yve was wearing a sneaker on one foot, the other one was in a brace.

When Leah saw her she laughed and said to me, "What did you do to my best friend?"  She looked teasingly at Yve.

"Since when does Yve wear a brace? Don't you know she'd rather feel the pain than wear something like that?" I looked at my wife and smiled.

I picked her up to carry her, then I turned to Leah and said, "In that case, I'd carry her to the car."

They were all laughing as we headed towards mom and dad's.

There were a few cars parked outside. Dad, JM and Raven looked at Yve. They knew it was a private dinner. She turned to them and said, "These are my uncles and aunts, the ones at the wedding. They're our family." And Raven and JM relaxed. Dad looked at me, "They're great dad. You'll see."

And dad smiled at us. "Let's go, I'm hungry."

Once inside, Yve introduced dad to her parents and their friends then he was seated with the "grown-ups" and it seems he was enjoying their company.

Us "kids" were at another table and I can see how much they love Yve. The younger ones want her attention and she gives each one her time. "Jace, you're not having kids anytime soon. Enjoy what you're watching." JM said then he laughed.

I look at him them, "I'm fine with this for now. I want to enjoy my alone time as much as I can."

"Alone time?" He was smiling mischievously.