Chapter 23

YVE

The next day was a blur of activities. Guests arrived one group after another. First up were Joey and his mom plus Sandra and her family. It seems Joey and Sandra have an understanding, she's not allowed to have a boyfriend until she's 18.

JC and I got to spend a little more time with Sandra and Joey the last couple of months and we can see how they feel about each other. I'm glad Joey's happy. We both feel we owe them both because it was because of them that we met.

Then mom and dad arrived with their entire entourage composed of family friends and our closest family. Plus some close colleagues.

My cousins from the US arrived next together with Leah's family. The ones who've never met JC were won over after a few minutes. They said, and I quote, they've never seen anyone so taken before.

That's how the morning went, with guests arriving and having chitchat with us. By lunchtime, we were a crazy bunch of people who were chatting happily with each other.

JC pulled me close to him to whisper near my ear, "I love you honey."

I looked up to him and said, "and I love you."

"What time are you friends arriving?" He asked. I saw something flash in his eyes.

"Within the hour. Their plane already landed. Why?" I asked, watching his reaction carefully.

"Nothing. I've just never met them." He said and I raised an eyebrow at him. Now I'm sure there's something he's not telling me.

"Ok, I just thought of what Leah said, the games and all. I'm not sure if they're all just playing games or if someone is in love with you." He said.

I smiled, a weary JC is endearing to see. I put my hands on his shoulders which made him wrap his arms around my waist and pulled me closer to him. I looked him straight in the eye before I said, "Are you jealous Mr. Yu?"

He just stared right back at me, which made me assure him, "Honey, we're all too much like brothers and sisters, ask Ethan. Besides, I'm all yours." And I brushed my lips across his and there were wolf whistles and squeals.

My friends have arrived.

"Hey Yve, isn't that supposed to be after the priest says you may now kiss the bride?" Charles said.

"Yeah, and you should wait for him to kiss you." It was Drew who said that.

JC and I turned to look at them and my girlfriends ran towards us. They made a circle around us and gave both me and JC a hug. I guess JC didn't count on my high school friends to be like this. The guys weren't weary of JC, they all gave me a hug and they shook his hand. Of all the guys, I was closest to Charles.

Charles had his arms around my shoulder and I had mine around his waist then I turned us to look at JC and said, "Honey, this is my twin brother, from another mother, Charles." He looked questioningly at me which prompted me to explain.

"He's basically my partner in crime, we used drink and smoke together. And our birthdays are just a couple of days apart."

"Smoking and drinking partner?" He asked, smiling.

"Yeah, too bad she quit smoking already and lessened her drinking, I'm all alone now." He said pretending to be hurt.

And we all laughed, including JC. His eyes were smiling, everything's fine.

I introduce JC to the rest and after all the teasing and questions they finally went to their villa, I got the girls a 5-bedroom villa since I knew they wanted to stay together, I did get the boys another villa near my girls. They left me at the hall only because a few others guests arrived and only with a promise that I'll see them later that day before dinner.