Chapter 10

YVE

The whole family enjoyed the tour. We ended up going to the night market, me, mom, Leah and grandma were good at haggling, Raven didn't know how. And the boys were fascinated with what we were doing. We ate street food and had loads of fun. Grandma, grandpa, dad and Raven left Sunday afternoon. Mom, dad, JM and Leah left on the next flight. JC and I stayed for one more day since I didn't have classes Monday.

He wanted to know where we were going next and I told him I wasn't sure I could get away because of the cheer dance competition in September. I did suggest we could check-in in a hotel in Manila for the weekend and pretend we were tourists. He liked that.

Their cars have arrived, and I must admit, JC's car was to die for. He was glad that I finally appreciated it. I didn't tease him or joke about getting one because I'm pretty sure he will get me one if I asked. He does bring it to work sometimes, when I'm with him.

Here I am, back to reality, we have rehearsals thrice a week now. The good news is, Reese has changed and she and I are now fast becoming friendsfriends, there's no more mask and even the others are starting to warm up to her.

She told us what she had to do for JC to drop the charges, she said it made her look really hard on her life and herself and she did apologize to everyone she did wrong to and she's also starting to make amends.

And the best part was she and her mom are finally interested in what her dad does for a living. Her dad is really grateful for what happened. Of course Reese still has her moments, but deep down she has realized her mistakes and makes a mental note to correct herself.

Life has been great, it's been a few weeks since I've last seen Miggs. This has given me a sense of hope that he's finally accepted the truth that we're through and he's finally moved on. Although security was still tight, I'm pretty sure JC knows something I don't, or he's being overly cautious.

The competition will be on the 13th of September which meant more practices. I've now recovered from the sprain, it still hurts a little sometimes, when I land too hard on it. Good thing JC doesn't watch the practices. He might not be too happy with me putting weight on it.

As a precaution, I have therapy once a week, he approves that I should get one because it relaxes my sore muscles.

We had a title to defend this year so we had to put in our time and effort to this.

JM's birthday was close and they were going out of the country for that. We would've loved to join them but I couldn't really get away so he did what JC did and just hired a coordinator and a video crew to have it broadcast to us.

He ordered the engagement ring and was actually planning to propose to her then. Actually, Raven ratted Leah out about Leah saying she'll say yes if he asked her on his birthday. I don't mind that she did though, I want them to get married too.

JC and I decided to move the wedding in Bali to December. We were both busy as it was and couldn't really plan it. We also wanted to stay there longer to enjoy our time together, not like the first time.

Dad and Raven flew back to the U.S. for 2 weeks. Raven packed her stuff in New Jersey while dad visited Rachel. JC said dad planned on telling her about where we all were but changed his mind. He didn't tell JC, or anyone why he did though, but JC suspects it's because she's still the same Rachel, whatever that means. So Rachel would be spending Christmas alone in New York in all her pregnant glory.

By the end of August our practices were gruesome that I was mostly asleep in JC's arms on our way home wherever he'd pick me up. I was actually looking forward to the end of it. How my priorities have changed since March.