Neverending story

5 years later~

Megan's POV

"Remus come help me with the food!" I shouted out from the Kitchen.

I was currently rushing to cook a lot of food waiting for the arrival of the other marauders and Freya and Lily. I went to the oven to check on the chicken that was cooking away. Luckily it seemed like it would be done by the time everyone would get here.

"Megs you should get changed before everyone arrives" Remus muttered as he gave me a back hug making me jump slightly, I hadn't heard him come into the kitchen.
Remus kissed the small but prominent bit still on my shoulder from years ago.
I smiled and turned to face him, I gave him a quick kiss, "okay I'll be back, just make sure nothing burns for me"

I ran out the kitchen before Remus could respond, running up the wooden and slightly creamy stairs I made it to the cosy room which we occupied. My wardrobe didn't have a massive amount of clothes but I managed to pick out a nice pair of denim jeans and a long sleeved red shirt.

Having already showered the night before I quickly changed into the clothes and gave my hair a brush through, I didn't bother doing any fancy with it so I left it how it was.  I used some concealer to cover the dark eyes which had grown and then covered a few spots.

It was 11:00am and the group were suppose to be arriving any time between now and 12:00.
Giving my hair another brush through I made my way downstairs to make sure Remus actually hadn't burnt anything.

Luckily everything was still fine, the buns were out of one oven and resting on the side, thank goodness Remus checked them, I'd almost forgotten them.

Remus was in a thin blue jumper with white specks and a grey pair of jeans. I ruffled his hair and made my way over to boil the kettle ready for the arrivals.
"Heyy.." whined as he then tutted and fixed his hair.

As I placed down the teapot to boil the fireplace lit up green and out came Freya, Sirius and a little Lucy clutching Sirius' hand.

"Auntie Megannn" Lucy rushed towards me and gave me a hug.

Lucy had been born a couple of years after we left hogwarts, it was technically an accident and wasn't planned but Freya and Sirius had both decided that they were glad it was an accident.

"Hi luc" I smiled and crouched down to her height to give her a hug.
Lucy had the exact personality of Freya and the looks of Sirius.

Sirius and Freya smiled and made their way over to us. Remus had already asked them if they wanted a drink and was pouring out some tea into the cups and putting a tea cosy over the pot.

Lucy rushed to give Remus a hug so I made sure to use the chance to hug Freya and Sirius.

"It's been too long!" Freya sighed as she hugged me.

Freya was working as an assistant in the hogwarts infirmary. She barely had time off during term time because kids always seemed to be getting into trouble.
Sirius hadn't gotten a job but from what I'd learnt from Remus he had been conversing with dumbledore a lot about something.

As we became chatting about our jobs the fireplace lit up again and Lily and James came through. Bright smiles were worn on their face. The lovebirds had gotten back from their honeymoon last week.

We quickly greeted them, "wasn't Peter suppose to come with you?" Remus asked as he hugged lily.

"Yeah, but he said some important business came up that he couldn't miss" Lily explained as she then gave me a hug.

James went straight to Lucy and started playing with her, I noticed lily smiling fondly at the action.

"You should have one" Freya came up to us as we watched the men play with Lucy and all chatting about something.

I passed Lily a cup of tea and we all made our way to the living room, we had brown leather sofas which were a bit ripped from one of the times Remus and myself forgot to lock our basement during a full moon, however we covered it up with some knitted blankets.

"I want one, I do...it's just" Lily dragged off as she placed down her cup.

"It's just everything happening right now" Freya finished for her.

I nodded understandingly. Remus and I had thought about having kids but we were worried about passing down our lycanthropy to them. Especially since we both had it the chances were much much higher.

"Maybe in a year when everything has calmed with the Aurors and James isn't as busy?" I suggested.

Lily nodded and smiled at the idea, "yeah that could be a good idea, it will give us a chance to talk about it and decide if it's what we really want"

"If you have twins I will feel sorry for you though Lils, Lucy is a handle full on her own" Freya joked and we laughed along.

The meal was very delicious, all six of us were sat around the wooden table Remus and I had in the kitchen, it was pretty crammed as it was originally only a 4 seater but we made it work.

"Woah Megs this is amazing!" Sirius complimented as he placed more food on his now empty plate.
Freya was helping cut up Lucy's food as she rolled her eyes at Sirius.
"Do you ever stop eating?" Freya questioned.

I giggled at the remark, Sirius definitely had a big appetite.
We spoke about anything and everything. The table was easily cleaned off all the food contents and a few wine bottles were on one end of the table.

None of us were drunk but we were all slightly buzzy as we made our way to the living room. Remus grabbed the monopoly board from the cupboard (I have no idea when monopoly was released but let's just roll with it)
This was going to be interesting.

Sirius had decided not to drink and look after Lucy, this meant Freya was downing firewhiskey shot extremely quickly and constantly.

I began to feel myself become more tipsy as the evening went on.
"TO JAILLL" Freya laughed as she 'flew' her airplane to the jail spot on the board.

Remus rolled the dice and groaned when he realised he has landed on one of my properties.
"Hehe that's £1,200"
Remus checked his money and whined and lied Down, "I don't have enough!!"

"How don't you have enough?"James asked confused.

"Because...cause he didn't end up buying any of the properties" I giggled

Remus had ended up landing in jail 3 times in a row and then constantly landed on tax spaces. He was the definition of bankrupt. (This happened to me when I played)

"Does this mean I win!" I smiled as Remus was lying on the ground in defeat and Lily, Sirius and Freya were eyeing up how much money they had.

Lucy was asleep on the sofa near to the fire to stay warm as she slept.

The three sighed in defeat. I have a cheer and smiled brightly.
"Finally I won!, I basically never win monopoly"

As Freya and Lily tried to pack up the board in their drunk state I collapsed onto the sofa behind me. Remus pulled himself up beside me and pulled me near him to cuddle.
I rested my head on his chest and his fingers intertwined with mine. A small shiny band was placed on both our hands and I smiled lightly.

Life was good.

The End

———————————————

A/N next chapter so please read!!