Christmas shopping

Megan's POV:

It's nearly Christmas, it's four days away! I'm still staying away from Lily and so are Emma and Freya.

Today we get to go to Hogsmeade to buy presents for our friends and family. I know what I'm getting Freya, a bunch of sweets from Honeydukes, she definitely has a sweet tooth.
I'm getting Emma a new quill as she loves writing and she was complaining about the owls in the owlery ruined her quills . There's this one that has ideas sprouting out of the end. For my Mum and Dad I'm getting a shared present; an owl to send me letters.

I decided to get Remus some muggle chocolate and a book. For James and Sirius I got them a basket full of pranks each and finally for Peter a small bag full of his favourite sweets.

As I wrapped up wearing my grey skinny jeans, green and black checkered shirt and then my black boots and my grey scarf and black beanie,I met Freya and Emma down in the common room.Emma had snuck in again.

We always tell her the password to our common room, and the Fat Lady knows we tell her. But she's sworn to secrecy to not tell the teachers. Especially McGonagall and Dumbledore.

Freya and Emma and I walk down to Hogsmeade to get the presents.

The plan is that half way through we split up to get each others presents and meet back up in the Three Broomsticks in forty five minutes. We walk to the centre of the main street and all say simultaneously...

"Where should we go first?" We laugh and discuss our ideas,

"Hey can we go to the book shop?" I ask. "I need to get the rest of Remus' present." I add.

"Sure we all need to go there for Remus anyway." Emma replies laughing.

We walk to the book shop and I instantly walk over to the fantasy section. I know he's read Clary's adventures so I decide to get him some books by the same author.

The muggle chocolate I got him was called Dairy Milk by Cadburys, I'd been told they are really good so I got some for myself although Hersey's is the best. They have a section in Honeydukes which is just for muggle chocolates or sweets.

I grab Peter a handful of chocolate frogs and Bertie botts flavored beans and Freya and Emma had also grabbed their presents.

We made our way outside where the wind was blowing and we quickly made our way into Zonkos to grab James and Sirius' presents.

We all spread around in search for the perfect gift.I found some dungbombs and a new product to make a person a metamorphosis for a few hours.

We pay and leave the joke shop. We go up to the three broomsticks and stand outside.

"Okay girls, meet you back here in forty five minutes," Emma said with authority. Me and Freya salute her and giggle. We walk in our different directions.

I head over to Scrivenshafts Quill Shop to buy the new quill. They have it in a glass case, next to the really expensive price tag. Oh well only £50 for a quill, I mean its Christmas after all. I buy it and put it in my bag.
I head over to Honeydukes, the second time today and buy Freya a variety of chocolates, gelatine-free sweets. I walk out of Honeydukes with two minutes to spare, the exact amount of time I need to be able to get to the three broomsticks.

I walk past a new tea place called Madam Puddifoots and straight to the three broomsticks. We all walk to the door the exact same time.

"Butterbeer?"Freya suggested.

"Of course"Me and Emma smiled and we headed inside. We saw the marauders huddled round in a table, I glanced at Remus and caught his eye and he quickly looked away. I really do miss him...

We found a seat in the middle of the room and sat down,Freya next to me and Emma opposite Freya.

"I'll go and get them"I said grabbing my purse.

"Thanks! Can I have a warm butterbeer"Emma happily said.

"I think that's what we are all gunna be having because how cold it is"Freya laughed.

I nodded and went over to order.

"Can I have three butterbeers please?" I ask Madam Rosemerta politely. 

"Of course dear, anything else?"

"No thanks." I smiled

"That'll be 2 galleons please." She says handing the steaming mugs to me. 

I hand her 2 galleons and two sickles as a tip.

"Thank you dear."

I walk back to our table trying not to scorch my skin by touching the mugs.

I gently lower the cups onto the mahogany table and take a sip of mine to test the temperature. Just right. The mug is always hotter than the actual drink inside, probably because they are cleaned in warm water and then given out 2 minutes later. Perfect.

"You guys staying here for Christmas?"Emma asked.

"I'm not I'm going back home to visit my family"Freya smiled sadly because she wouldn't be seeing her friends.

"I'm staying" I stated and took a sip of my butterbeer.

"Cool I won't be alone"Emma smiled.

I smiled gently and glanced over to Remus who was already looking back at me.I quickly looked away.

"I'll send my presents to you two"Freya smiled

"Awesome thanks,we'll do the same and send our presents to you"Emma smiled.

---- time skippy 10 minutes or so --

I down my butterbeer quickly as i leave; running to catch up with the other two. We walk back to the castle, sometimes chasing each other, as if it was a mini game of tag and laughing at our stupid inside jokes and talking about  embarrassing moments.

I power-walk up to the dormitory to hide the gifts I bought for everyone.I grab my wrapping paper and magically wrap them up. I'm terrible at wrapping so if I tried doing it myself I'd get 10 paper cuts on one hand just on the first present!

Once I have hidden them, I walk down to the great hall to grab a snack, and end up grabbing 3 cauldron cakes, 2 chocolate frogs and 6 cups of pumpkin juice to take back to the dorm which will last me till the evening for the feast.I eat while reading my copy of Clary's Fantasy I got them whilst I brought  Remus' present, I may have brought another copy with different covers on them. Whoops..

——
{Re-Written 1st October 2021}