Answers

Megan's POV

I knew my decision, all I had to do was go and tell Remus, obviously I don't want to upset the guy, but I still need to make the decision I'm comfortable with.

This was stressing me out too much. But I guess everything happens for a reason right?

I walked down from the dorm and found Remus sitting the corner of the common room reading a book with a chocolate frog next to him.

"Hey Remus"I said awkwardly sitting down next to him.

"Oh hi Megan"Remus smiled closing his book.

It was silent for a few seconds. Completely awkward.

"I've made my decision"I commented suddenly looking down at my hands unsure if I really wanted to face Remus.

"What's it going to be?"Remus asked his head tilted slightly in curiosity.

"I think,maybe, if we stay friends for now and see how it goes"I said closing my eyes.

Silence.

"Oh....yeah okay...I understand..yeah"Remus responded slightly upset. He began fiddling with the hem of his jumper not reaching my eye line.

"Well I have to go,I promised to send a message to my parents,I just wanted to let you know the answer"I added as I stood up.

"Okay,I'll see you later then"Remus said as he re-opened his book.

"See ya"I answered and stood up making my way to the owlery

I let out a deep breath as I walked away. Why did rejecting Remus make my heart ache.

------------
Re-written 15th June 2021