Starting with a bang!

Megan's POV

I definitely didn't intend on waking up next to Remus with a blanket over me and my book half open but here I am.

As I tried to look at the time I noticed Remus' arm tightly around my waist making it nearly impossible for me to move.
So I had to take extreme measures. Tickling him.

"Ahhh no!"was the first thing the came out of Remus Lupin's mouth that morning as I began to tickle him so I could get out, of course that backfired quickly as he immediately tried to tickle me back.

"No come on! I just wanna get up!"I grumbled

"Well don't do that next time"Remus chuckled as he slowly stopped and allowed me to get up.

Glancing at the clock it was 9:00 on Saturday and it was the 1st January.

As I picked my fallen book on the floor I heard Sirius beginning to talk to Remus and James about a new prank one especially for today. Peter would be included but for some reason was not in his bed it was still the scruffy mess it always was in.

I sat next to Remus as I listened into the conversation.

"So we need to make something big"Sirius continues

"We need to go all out on this"James added.

"But what?"Remus asked.

We all pondered when I came up with the best idea.

"I've got it!"I smiled brightly and with my wand that I found on the bedside table I summoned parchment and a quill and began explaining the best prank ever.

——- 2 hours later

"This is crazy"Remus shock his head as they all stood on the edge of the black lake.

"Diabolical"James muttered.

"Never thought I hear such a fancy word come out your mouth James" I giggled as we got ready for the prank.

"Well to get Lily's attention I'm expanding my vocabulary"James smiled proudly.

"Yeah but when do you find the time to do this 'research'" Sirius asked making air quotations.

"Well as it happens I've been...."James began.

"Can we just get on with the prank" Remus rolled his eyes as he interrupted James.

The four of us had our wands at the ready and we were in positions

"On the count of three,one,two,three" Sirius exclaimed and all of us fired charms into the lake.

Sirius and James had the task in turning the colour of the water multi colored and Remus and I had to fire charms at the black squid to one, change it's colour, and then also make him dance uncontrollably so he would jump in and out the water.

The waters colour change almost immediately some splashing up and soaking James in the process.

"Lovely" he commented sarcastically.

Soon after the squid started to splash in and out of the water changing colours each time. I high fived Remus.

"Well I'd say that's a success!"Sirius smiled broadly.

We all began to make our way back to the castle but Remus pulled me away to a tree.

I turned around to look at Remus,"Remus what.."I began but was quickly cut of by a kiss.

I smiled into the kiss but soon enough it was over.

"What was that for?"I asked smiling.

"What I can't kiss my girlfriend"Remus chuckled.

I smiled and hugged him. "Of course you can,but for now let's get inside before we get the blamed for the lake"I laughed

"You really think we're going to get away with it?" Remus chuckled as he wrapped an arm around me and we headed to the great hall for breakfast.

"True,very true" I nodded.

We reached the great hall and sat down just as it was filling up with students.

I grabbed some toast and cereal and began devouring my food due to being extremely hungry..like all the time.

"Do you ever stop eating?"Sirius asked me.

I shook my head as I bit into my second piece of toast.

Suddenly the great halls doors swung open and there stood filch drenched in rainbow water.
The hall erupted into laughs,but quickly halted as Dumbledore shouted,"QUIET"

"It just so happens Mr Filch That I know the suspects for this prank, Malfoy, Crabbe and Goyle detention for a week" Dumbledore announced before sitting down.

Of course Malfoy started to rant about how he didn't do the prank, and I especially didn't notice the subtle wink Dumbledore did to the marauders and I as he continued to eat.

This year is going to be great!

——
{Re-Written 1st October 2021}