Chapter seven

Blade's POV

My father is a very important and busy man. He's the most fearful man in our town. If anyone disobeys him there will be consequences. Some people say that it's hard to get on his hood side, which is true. Other people say that he kills to get his way yet he's not classified as a mafia killer.

Rumours say that he's sleeping with other women behind my moms back, which isn't a surprise. If it's true my mom can't do anything about it. She'll have to deal with it.

My mom doesn't deserve him but I don't deserve her. Of course she's caring at some level but she won't protect. Her disappointment gets to me.

Sometimes I even wonder why they had kids, or at least me. Sometimes I don't see what the point in living in a home where the parents don't really care about them.

I just wish I had a better family.

A family who cares about me and won't abuse me for doing the wrong. Instead to teach me or talk with me kindly.

Parents to love.

I'm in bed not caring to get up or do anything today. I'm not hungry even though I haven't eaten in a five days. I've lost a lot of weight.

My siblings have noticed and maybe my mom but she doesn't do anything. Roland, the youngest sibling of all of us who's three years old. The little one waddles in my room to check on me.

He climbs into my bed and lays with me asking if I'm hungry or want anything or how I'm doing.

Speaking of, my door creaks open and Roland walks in bringing me a piece of bread.

I slowly sit up as he walks to my bed the trying to crawl up.

I lift him up sitting on my legs.

"Here Bwade. I bought you tis."

"Thanks buddy."

I take and nibble it.

"Are you sick?"

"No Roland."

"Ten why won't you come out?"

"I'm just not happy right now."

"Why?"

I sigh. "Because I'm depressed."

"What's depwessed?"

"It's when someone is way too sad to do anything. They don't care enough to do anything."

"Oh."

I nod slowly. He hugs me tightly.

My mom walks in. "Supper's ready."

I help Roland off the bed as he runs out. I set the bread on the bedside table.

Laying back down I zone out, thinking of how this family would do better without me. What it's like to be dead.

I mean, it would get me out of my misery.

But I won't. My siblings need me.

-

We walk through the forest to the other side. We needed to talk some sense into them, especially him.

We make it to the Vanetts old home, which is now their home. Raul went to the door while the rest of us stayed down. He rung the doorbell and waited.