Chapter nine

Blade's POV

"Bwade, Bwade!" Roland screams when I finally come out of my room. He runs to me grabbing my legs.

I pick him up hugging him.

I've been grounded for two days and wasn't allowed to come out. Roland and I have a close relationship out of the others.

I carry him to the living room where everyone else is. My parents are watching tv Celeste and Daisy are playing with dolls. Renata is laying on mother and Seth is eyeing the TV as well.

"Blade put Roland down, now!"

Obeying my father, I place Roland down gently.

He starts whining and hugging my legs to pick him up.

"Go, Roland please."

He's still too young to understand what's going on. "Roland please," I beg.

My father gets up taking both Roland and I away from everyone. I know what's going to happen.

"Dad please."

"No, you didn't listen and now you pay the price."

He took us to my bedroom locking the door.

"Now, take his shirt off."

I grab Rolands shirt and take it off. "Hold him, back to me."

I hold Roland down to make sure he won't move.

Tears wells up as he's going to be whipped.

Dad took off his belt folding it in half getting ready to whip him.

Before I know it, the first whip happened. Roland is sobbing as he receives another.

Luckily he only receives two. I on the other hand will revive more.

I knew what to do, I took off my shirt and stood against the wall.

Pain is what I can feel. It's the only thing I can feel.

-

I lay in my bed with Roland wrapped in my arms. I had cleaned up his marks earlier after father was completed with me. Roland has fallen asleep while I read a book. My mother came to get us at some point but I refuse to leave or talk to her.

A mother would protect their children from being abused, but not this one. She says it's the best way to teach us how to be proper.

She's making excuses to allow our father abuse us.

I want to run away with Roland. My other siblings doesn't get to be abused as much.

It's like they're their favourites.

-

I walk through the forest in the cool night. Earlier when Roland visited, of course I remember him, I told him to meet me on the pathway that spilts the forest in two.

Once I get there, I lean against a tree waiting for him. I told him to come at midnight, it's five to.

As I wait, I think back at all of the times Roland and I had been together, even if it was for seven years.

Every now and then I think of taking Roland back with me to my current home.

But I couldn't.

I didn't want to go back to that house and see them. I despise them all, apart from Roland.

I also didn't want them following me back home and have the others getting hurt because of my doing.

So I stayed home and never looked back.

I just prayed that Roland would do well and get through what I did. Hoping he would make it through.

I check the time and it's half past twelve. I wonder what's taking him so long?

Hearing footsteps, I turn my attention towards the direction. There he is standing there.

"Hey, sorry. I couldn't get my father to leave me alone."

"It's fine."

"Look . . . Blade. I know you may not remember us, but . . . I remember you and all the memories you and I had . . ." I descend towards him slowly.

"I really miss you and-"

I cut him off my giving him a hug, wrapping my arms tightly around him.

He stiffen but relax comfortably in my embrace.

Wrapping his arms around me he nuzzled his head into my chest.

"I'm sorry that I left you. I didn't want to be followed home where I could get the others in trouble. I didn't want to be back. I do remember you and I always had. Thinking of the pain you must have went through."

I run his back in comfort. Pulling away I look directly in his eyes.

"I will always remember you. The reason why I say I don't know them is because I don't want to be caught up with them again. I love you and now that your back in my life. It's my job to protect you from harm. If anything happens, you are free to come visit me."

"Okay," Roland said taking a deep breath. "Those people that you live with, are they cruel like they appear to be?"

"No. In fact they are nice. Raul took me in under his wing when I was a new born in the vampire life. They are so welcoming and kind. They just are overprotective when it comes to the town. I'm sure they will welcome you. It'll take time."

He nods and hugs me again.

"I missed you," Roland mumbled into my chest. I can hear and sense the hurt and pain in his voice.

"I miss you too."

"Do they know about your past?"

"No, and they don't know that you're my brother. So for now just don't say anything."

"Are you ever going to tell them?"

"I don't think I will. We both now how our father is and what he's capable of. Unless if it's necessary, I won't say anything and neither will you."

"Okay."