Chapter seventeen

Sarah's POV

Twenty four hours.

Twenty four hours without Blade. He hasn't texted me yet and I'm starting to worry. I know. I can't worry since Blade is tough.

I trust that he's okay. I don't want to lose him like I've lost my parents.

Lennix, Kathrine, and Sabe made me take a walk to get my mind off Blade.

It's great that the four of us get to hang out. It's been a while since we've got to hang out just the four of us.

We walk through the forest as the clouds dense together. It may or may not rain, hopefully it won't.

The trees sway along while the wind howls and blowing Kathrine and my hair around. It's calming and peaceful. "Hey how do y'all think about kids?" Lennix asks.

"Honestly, they're great but would I have them? No," Kathrine speaks.

"I'd love to have kids," I chirp.

"Well, Sabe and I are thinking of having kids. Like adapting them," Lennix replies swinging his arms around Sabe's shoulders.

"That's great! Sarah and I will be aunts!"

"When are you thinking of adopting?"

Sabe shrugs his shoulders. "Hopefully soon. Probably after this whole thing blows over."

"We don't need them to get caught up in this mess right now. It's not safe."

"That's smart," I reply.

"So Sarah," Kathrine starts seeming suspicious as she smiles, "when are you and Blade gonna have kids?"

"Kathrine!" I hit her shocked from the question.

"We haven't dated for long and we're not even married yet!"

"You don't have to be married to have kids,"
Sabe replies.

"Still . . ."

"So when are you guys getting married?" She asks.

"I don't know. We haven't been dating for long like I said. Plus it's all when we're ready. And he has to pop the question when he thinks it's time."

"Can't wait for that day," Lennix says smiling.

"Probably for you," I reply. "Kathrine you're asking the wrong people the question. Ask them."

"Also, probably after this whole thing blows over again," Sabe replies.

"Let's hope they don't bother us any longer. I hope Blade's okay."

"He will be," Kathrine comforts. "It's Blade we're talking about."

I really do hope he'll be.