Chapter ten

Roland's POV

I have been visiting the Tandlers to give them information about my fathers' plans. Ever since that night with Blade, I've been growing ever so closely to him. Raul, I believe his name is, hasn't been trusting me but I think he's slowly getting there.

My father would skin me alive if he found out what I'm doing. He despises them. Ever since they came to tell us, we'll him, off for ruling over the town, he became furious. His plans are to destroy them and bring them down.

He wants to rip them to pieces.

No one has stood up to him before. I'm impressed that they won't let this go.

Walking up to their house in the wood, I rang the doorbell. They're house is massive and wonderful. Ours is just a plain white mansion. Comparing theirs and ours, their home seems so open and welcoming. Bunch of windows to let the light in. Ours has windows closed and dark inside. Not welcoming at all.

The door opens revealing a beautiful girl. I have noticed her, I believe her name is Sapphire.

Her golden blonde hair shines in the light of the sun, a dark purple streak fits in her hair.

"Oh hey Roland," her angelic voice says.

"Hey. Sapphire, right?"

"Yeah, come in."

She opens the door wider for me to step in.

"Everyone's in the living room, follow me."

I trail behind her as she leads me to everyone else. Once we're in she sits beside Blade. I stand awkwardly admiring everyone who's doing their own thing. I didn't notice Raul who is now beside me.

"So, whatcha got?"

Everyone now has quieted down from their chatter having their full attention on me.

"Well, what I do know is that he still is ruling over the town, but I believe he did mention something about destroying all of the traitors and people who stand in his way."

"Well, Raul I believe we're dead," a woman with jet black hair with a streak of neon purple said, I believe to be Amber.

I'm still learning all of their names. There's so many of them that it's hard to keep track of them.

"No we're not dead. We will fight back. Remember, we've faced worse."

"Actually, with all due respect, my father is way more powerful then you think."

"How so?" Sabor, I believe, asks.

"Well, for starters, he almost killed the whole town that we used to live in. All because of a family who disobeyed my father."

I remember that day. He went on a rampage to kill every person. He almost succeeded when mom had enough. She stopped him just in time before finishing off the last few families.

They survived but managed to move out of town without my father coming after him. More people came to live in the town, agreeing to the terms. Father hasn't went on a rampage since. That was forty two years ago.

"Well, I'm sure he's not that bad. It's him against us. Plus other of our family."

"We'll be okay," the black guy said, Keir.

I nod not wanting to argue any longer.

"We'll just kill him or something," Lennix suggests. He and Raul are the only guys I know off by heart.

My eyes widen.

"No! Don't kill him! Please. Although he is a very terrible person, in the end he's still my family. Is there anyway he get his punishment without killing him?"

"Veran," Sarah, I believe, replies.

"Veran? Never heard of it. What is it?"

"It's a very well known prison for vampires whom can't control themselves. It's in California, across the states. The vampires get shipped off there. They don't die but do receive their punishment. It'll be great for your father," Blade explains.

"Okay, I'll take it."

"What about the rest of them?" The red head asks.

"We'll figure it out when the time comes. In the meantime, we keep gathering info about him. Does your father have any weaknesses that we should know about?"

I shook my head, "not that I know of. I'll keep an eye out for his weakness."

"Good."

"I guess I better get going," I say pointing towards the door.

"No stay. You just got here. Join us for awhile," Victoria welcomes.

Bam I got her name!

"Uhhh, sure."

I sit beside Sapphire who smiles at me. I return the smile getting comfy.

"Your home looks so welcoming," I comment.

"Thanks. That's what we are going for, a welcoming home," Dawn, I think, replies. Everyone goes back to chatting I'm their own conversations.

"So Roland, what's your family like? Other than cruel," Sapphire asks.

"Well . . . It's hard to say, really. We're not close but most of the time it's my father teaching the young ones how to behave properly. We're never together as one big family and doing family things."

"I'm sorry to hear that."

"Its okay, I'm used to it."

"Hey, does he still . . . You know?" Blade jumps in.

"Sadly, yes he does. Still got his favourites."Sapphires confused ready to say something but didn't question it.

"Just out of curiosity, how did you and Blade meet?"

"Long story short, I was around five and a half walking in the forest alone when Blade found me. He took me in under his wing and since then, he's been taking care of me. I always found him as a brother I never had."

A brother.

Someone I've lost and she gained.

"How sweet."

"Yeah."

I've spent a good hour here, hoping my father wouldn't be furious with me.