Chapter thirty seven

Blade's POV

Raul, Victoria and I moved into this house couple months ago. It's in a forest from the town Cooperstown. Citizens here loathes us so we keep our distance.

How we receive our blood is when people trespass into our land. It's our territory. We've warned them but they don't listen so they pay the price.

I'm out on a walk alone reflecting on my mortal life. How he inflicted pain on me. Mother never did anything to stop him. She just let it happen and never cared. They both lost their title as parents long time ago.

All I want to do is move forward and forget about it. Soon enough I will.

The clouds form a grey sky. A faint rumble of thunder can be heard in the distance. I continue walking not caring in the world.

Ever since Raul and Victoria took me in under their wing, I've had trouble fully trusting them yet but I trust them eventually.

I haven't told them about my father only the important information. I don't think I'll ever tell them about my father.

As the leaves crunch beneath my feet faint voices can be heard. I pick up the pace towards the voices.

"So what?! You're nothing!" The voice, sounding like a man based on the deep rusty voice, screamed.

Jogging, I come up to a group of boys and two girls. I hide behind a tree watching the situation unfold.

The four guys and two girls surround the black person who looks no older than me.

One of the pale girls with shoulder length auburn hair creeps up towards him leaning in towards his neck. The guy jerks away from her but the olive tan boy grasps his arms as the girl grabs his neck and bites it. His screams fills the air as I rush towards them.

"Hey! Leave him alone!"

They jumped at my sudden appearance and bolts the opposite the way I came. Kneeling down I don't examine the bite. He's in a lot of pain right now. The transformations are always painful when the insides are freezing up.

All the lungs and the veins are freezing up.

"It's okay. Everything's going to be okay," I whisper even though he can't hear me. I pick him up wrapping his left arm around me neck so he's standing next to me. I wrap my right around his waist and I drag him towards home.

When I get home Raul and Victoria spots me dragging a random person.

"He's been bitten," I exclaim.

"Bring him over here," Raul exclaims as Victoria came to help me. We bring him to the couch gently laying him. Raul went to get a bottle of blood. We had very limited blood but this guy will need it.

It only took ten minutes for him to gain consciousness.

He stirred prying his eyes open. Glancing around the room his eyes landed on us.

"W-who are you? A-and what am I doing here?" His voice sounded scratchy.

"Don't be scared of us. Blade brought you here cause you were bitten. I'm sure your thirsty." Raul handed him the bottle and he gulped it down.

"Thank you."

"No problem. I'm Raul Crane, this is my wife, Victoria and this is Blade Ramose."

I softly wave at him and he returns it.

"Who are you?" I ask.

"Keir Vance."