Chapter sixteen

Roland's POV

I've did what Blade told me to do. It wasn't hard to find his vehicle but it did take me awhile to find the warehouse.

I sit in the car on my phone as I wait for Blade. I hate to put them in danger but this is how it's going to be.

My father must be furious right now. When he figured that I've been seeing the Tandlers, he was furious. Luckily he doesn't know that I've been giving them information.

He's taken a stake he'd found somewhere and tried to stab me with it. I managed to get away but he chased me down. I'm scared of him. Blade and I both know what he's capable of. It's not funny.

Someone pounded on the window and I jump out of my seat. Glancing over Blade stands there. Unlocking the door he opens up getting in. "Move."

I move to the passengers side. He starts the engine and soon we're off. "Where are we going?"

"I don't know. But I think I know how to stop him."

"How?"

"What does father love more than anything else?"

I thought about it for a second until it clicked.

"The family crest."

"Yes."

"But it burned down in the fire."

"Are you sure? The last time I checked is that he put it on fire and bullet proof glass."

"Oh my god I forgot about that."

"Yeah."

"So that means we're heading towards our crispy home."

"I guess we are."

-

We've been driving for five hours. We've only stopped a once for gas. Him and I are growing thirsty since we didn't pack any blood.

As we come up to a town, Blade turns into town. Few minutes later we're in a parking lot for a bank.

"Stay here."

Blade got out locking the door before entering the bank. As I wait, someone pounds on the window. Jumping out of my seat I look over to a vampire banging against the window.

"What do you want?"

"I want blood! Give me blood!"

"I'm sorry but I don't have any." I try to stay calm and balance my shaky voice.

"I need some!"

Blade, come on Blade!

Blade finally shows up with a box coming up to the car. The vampire is now gone with no trace.

"How are the windows not broken?"

"What do you mean?"

"There was a vampire whom was banging on the window asking for blood. More like demanding."

"Bullet proof windows."

"That makes sense."

"Here . . ." He fishes out a package of blood. "Drink."

I wasn't told twice. I gulp down the package.

"Thanks."

"No problem."

He drank half of his drink when that same exact vampire came back. "Give me the damn blood!"

"Go go go go." I panic while hitting Blade's arm. Setting the blood down in the cup holder he sped off away from him.

"Who the fuck was that?"

"I don't know."

Exiting town, he headed towards our old home. Memories are already flooding back.

"Next stop, our home."