Chapter fourteen

Sapphire's POV

I was reading in the living room when Keir, Sarah, Blade and Roland come home. Sarah grabs Blade and leaves heading upstairs.

"Blade's alright, right?" Roland asks.

"Yes he'll be fine. He just doesn't like it when someone uses his full name."

"Okay."

"Blade went at it again?" I ask.

"Sure did. But we were there so he didn't attack him."

"Good."

"He's done that before?" Roland asks.

"Yes, several times when someone uses his full name. Blade goes haywire!"

"I can tell."

"It's nothing to worry about. All good."

He nodded. I can tell he feels uncomfortable. "Roland, come sit," I invited.

He obeys and takes a seat across from me. Keir sits down beside me. "So tell me, why were you and that other guy doing in the forest?" Keir asks. I set the book down to listen.

"Well, I wanted to leave the home for a bit. Seth got mad saying I'm grounded and I'm here not caring."

"You're grounded?"

"Yeah. And then Seth's like 'well fathers gonna beat you' and I'm like 'fuck him.' So I managed to escape but he caught me and we had this massive fight."

"Wait, hold up. Your father beats you?" Keir asks.

"Yep. Used to whip me with his belt but now he got his hands on vampire weapons."

"Dude that's messed up!"

"I know."

"What do the others think about that?" I ask.

"They don't care, they're not the ones getting beaten."

"Wait, so you're the only one being beaten?" I ask shocked.

"Sadly, yes."

"Why?" Keir and I ask in unison.

He shrugs. "I'm not his favourite I guess. Everyone else is his favourite."

I sit back shock. Glancing at Keir him and I thought the same thing.

"Well tonight you'll be staying with us. No argument?" Keir commands.

"Aright."

"Raul!" Keir yells as he walks away finding him.

"Are you okay?" I ask.

"Yeah I'm okay. I'm used to it."

"But still . . ."

"Sapphire, I'm okay. I'm used to it and it doesn't bother me anymore. I want my revenge on him and that's why he's going to get what he deserves."

I nod.

"May I . . . May I give you a . . . Hug?"

"Sure."

We stand up and I wrap my arms around him. He does the same.

"Well, never thought that'll happen." I jump away from Roland when Keir and Raul came back.

"So Roland, Keir told me that your father beats you."

"Yeah."

"Well I agree with Keir, stay the night and if something like that happens again, come to us. You are more than welcome to stay with us."

"Thank you Mr. Crane."

"Please, it's Raul."

"Yes, of course."

For the rest of the night Blade and Sarah finally came down to join us. Nevada and Corbin also came down to join us, announcing that they're having a baby. Everyone congratulated them and of course, I'm the godmother. They're going to be good parents.