Chapter eight

Sarah's POV

While all of the men went out to have some guy time, us girls stayed back at the home having girl time.

"I'll never find a guy," Sapphire whines.

"Oh of course you will," Victoria says.

"It just takes time, especially to find the right one," I say.

"Sarah, how did you know Blade was the right one?" Nevada asks.

"Well . . ." That's a good question. "I guess it took awhile for me to see that he's the right one. We just stayed as friends for a while until I knew. He's done a lot of things that saved me and he cares. Of course I return those favours."

"So when a guy cares a lot that means he's the right one?"

"Yeah, but you also have to care for them or it won't work."

"One day I hope I find someone like Blade."

"Oh you will," Amber replies.

"You have basically an eternity to find a guy," Dawn states.

"Just pray you won't have to go through what Blade and I went through."

"Oh god that had to be painful."

"Yeah it was."

The doorbell rings. Dawn gets up to get it leaving the rest of us in the living room chilling. Voices can be heard and before we know it, both of them come into view.

A boy who looks late lens early twenties come into view. His hair is dark brown like Blade's.

"Hey, you're that kid that was standing by your father the other day," Amber points out.

"Yeah, I guess I am."

"Girls, this is Roland. He's going to stay with us until the guys get back."

He nods like he's scared.

"Don't worry, we don't bite," Nevada replies.

He nods still standing awkwardly.

"Hey, Roland come sit," Dawn invited. Hesitating he sat on the couch still scared.

"Okay, Roland. Rule number one, you can be free and yourself, no need to be scared," Kathrine says.

"Okay."

Poor guy is just scared.

Not long afterwards the guys came home. Lennix and Sabe came first but Sabe is being carried on Lennix's back.

Hopping down, Sabe came towards me. I stand up giving him a hug as he kisses my cheek. Lennix goes over giving Kathrine a hug before sitting down. Sabe sits down with Lennix draping his legs over his.

As that's happening Raul and Corbin comes in going to their women, welcoming them back. Keir and Blade comes in last joking about something.

They stopped when they spot Roland.

"Hey, aren't you that kid that was at the doorway when we visited a few days ago?" Lennix asks.

"Yeah," he spoke quietly.

"Whatcha doing here," Raul asks. Victoria hits him mumbling "be nice."

"Umm, well, what my father is doing is horrible. I tried to convince him to stop but he won't listen. I agree that the citizens should be free. I want to help you stop him before things get too serious."

By now Roland is standing.

"What makes you think we can trust you?" Raul asks.

"I know you can't but please, I want my father to be stopped just as much as you do. I also want him to pay for what he has done."

"Alright, for now you can help us. But I still don't trust you."

That easily Raul agreed.

"Thank you."

"What's your name?" Sabe asks.

"Roland, Roland Ramose."

"Yo, that's your last name. Are you related?" Keir asks.

Blade shrugs.

There's something going on that Blade is hiding. I can tell Sapphire knows too.

"I . . . I better go. My dad will wonder where I am."

Roland scurried off but Blade stops him, whispers something that isn't audible for us to hear, he nodded then left.

That's strange.

I make my way towards Blade wrapping my arms around his waist.

He wraps his arm around my waist pulling me close. Resting my head on his chest I watch Roland disappear.

"What was that about?"

"What was?"

"Stopping him and whispering."

"It's nothing." He kisses my forehead then lips. "Don't worry about it."

He leads us to the couch where I cuddle him. I forget everything that happened.