Epilogue

Sarah's POV

When Blade walked in with rashes all over him I almost flipped. He also stated that he heard a crack in his back. I almost went up in tears.

Raul had him lay down on the floor on his stomach. He called a doctor.

When the doc came he examined his back. He said that it's heading fast but will be in pain for the next couple weeks. It's swollen but he could have died if he wasn't a vampire.

It would have healed sooner if he didn't run from Carl. I'm just relieved that he isn't dead.

I took him up to his room so he can rest.

-

Time flew by quickly. It's been over a year and everyone in town felt free. They've never been so happy about their freedom. It was fun to see all the kids run around in the parks screaming and laughing.

The citizens were so grateful that we had small gifts and thank you cards. It was amazing even though we didn't need it.

It was adaptable when young kids came up to us to give us a hug. Roland and Blade got a lot of hugs and cards.

Roland and Sapphire grew closer while the rest of us tease them. We all know they'll end up together.

Nevada and Corbin had their son not long after Carl was locked in prison. Raul and Victoria were ecstatic about meeting their grandson.

The rest of us were excited to meet him as well. He's got a big family with a bunch of aunts and uncles.

Keir and Dawn got married a couple months ago and Lennix and Sabe are getting married next month.

Blade and I are closer than ever. We told each other everything that's bothering us and never kept anything a secret.

We've never had any trouble again.