Chapter eleven

Sarah's POV

Today's the day my father died, twelve years ago. During the attack of the Vanetts. I stayed in Blade's room not ready to come out yet.

They understand what I'm going through just leaving me alone. I curl in his blankets wanting to cry, but can't.

Memories flash my sight.

Squeezing my eyes tightly, I block out the memories. Horrible memories of that night.

Although I wasn't there when it happened, everyone running for their lives. People being bitten. Including my friends.

I almost died that night, never got to say goodbye to my father.

I started to cry. I couldn't control it.

Sobbing into the blankets I shake. I just want this day to be over.

I feel strong, comforting arms wrap around me, pulling me close into the body. I recognize the touch being Blade's. He picked me up wrapping my legs around his waist. Sitting on the bed as I straddle him, he rubs my back rocking me back and forth.

"It's going to be okay," he whispers.

Nuzzling my face in this crook of his neck sobbing. Kissing my forehead, he comforts me.

When I calm down I pull back a bit. "Thank you."

I sniff while wiping the extra tears. "You welcome. You needed someone to comfort you. I'm always here for you if you need me."

I smile and nod. Breathing heavily, I lean my forehead against his. "You're the best boyfriend I've ever had."

"I'm your only boyfriend you've ever had."

I chuckle.

"Yeah you are."

"Do you . . . Do you wanna talk about it?"

Relieving a sigh I start talking. Everything from how I felt about the Vanetts killing my father. How I almost lost my life. I was scared but didn't show it. Everything.

He just listened to me while comforting me. By the end he told me not to worry and that it was in the past. "I do get you. I thought I'd lost you that night. I couldn't imagine living without you, knowing I couldn't save you."

I hug him securing both of us. We both almost lost something. He almost lost me and and I almost lost my life.

Leaning back I peck him on the lips. Blade didn't think it was enough, he kissed me softly not wanting to go deep. At least not now.

Kissing my cheek he wiped away some tears that managed to escape.

Blade positions himself so that he's laying down with me on top of him. Cuddling as close as I can I lay closing my eyes for a bit. I know I can't sleep but I just need to clear my mind.

-

I feel Blade's body lifting me up to set me down again. Slowly opening my eyes, I sit up as he leaves the room.

"Blade."

He turns around. "Yeah."

"Where're you going?"

"Getting blood. I'm thirsty and you haven't drank in a while. I'll be back."

I nod as he leaves the room. Not long he came back with two bottles. Sitting on the bed giving me a bottle. I thank him chugging it down.

I never knew how thirsty I was. Blade wraps his arm around me pulling me in. Relaxing my head on his shoulder. He leaned his head on mine as we stare into space.

I'm lucky I have someone like Blade. I couldn't ask for a better boyfriend.