Chapter thirty four

Sarah's POV

Today's the day.

Today's the day where we finally get rid of him. The "ruler" of this town, my abuser, Blade's and Roland's abuser will be gone.

Everything will soon be back to normal.

Although this isn't a war, it's to get rid of him. We set up a plan for Roland to lure Carl outside while the rest of us distract him as Blade grabs the crest. That's all I know.

I'm at the warehouse collecting my weapons. It's been awhile since I've fought but I never forgot. It's like riding a bike and not doing it for awhile.

I've hidden the knives and my gun underneath my clothing ready to fight.

I drive back to the house where everyone was getting ready.

I'm nervous. This is the first time where we'll be fighting without anyone's help. We didn't want others involved, more like Blade didn't want others involved.

He says it's too dangerous and can't risk losing anyone. Both Roland and Blade knows what Carl's like. Honestly this is the first time in years where I'm actually terrified. I don't know how this will turn out.

When I got in the house, I saw Nevada and Corbin chilling on the couch.

Nevada will not be going as that was confirmed beforehand. We don't want to risk anything. Corbin will also be staying behind incase she falls into labour.

I left them to do their own thing as I make my way up to Blade's room. Everyone's been stressed about this day.

I'm stressed myself.

I walk in as Blade's throwing a shirt over his head.

"Ready to go?" I ask.

Glancing towards me he nods stiffly looking sad.

"What are you sad?"

"I just want this to be over. Him to be over. All my life I've felt like a burden from the way he treated me. Felt useless. I've always carried the heavy weight on my shoulders. Hopefully all of it will be gone when he's finished."

I walk up to him giving him a reassuring hug. "Everything will be better after this. After he's gone." Blade buried his face in the crook of my neck. He needs this.

A few minutes have gone by and we part our ways. Blade has gone to get the crest while the rest of us descended towards the pathway. Once we got to it we hid in tress and bushes. I took my place on a tree ready to throw the stake when needed.

It's been awhile but I still have my skills.

Roland had kept going towards his home going to lure his father here where we can attack.

We waited for over an hour for them to come. As soon as voices are heard in the distance we stood on our guard being prepared.

"What is it that you wanted to show me?" Carl asked.

"There's been a fight with some people just over here."

When they came into view Carl is shocked.

"You liar! There's no fighting going on!"

"No, but if you don't pack up your things and move the there will be!" Raul walked out of hiding.

"Why would I Crane?" He hissed.

"Because this isn't your town. It's ours!" Raul fought back.

Carl chuckled darkly. "If only it was that easy. You can't get rid of me."

Roland backed up signalling us to be ready.

"We may not be able to get rid you of but we have our ways," Raul argued.

"I doubt it."

"We've been living in this town for decades and not once have we met a guy like you. But you will wish that you haven't moved here. Don't underestimate us."

"I can do whatever the fuck I want! This is my town now!"

"Not any more," Victoria growled.

The rest of us came out of hiding ready to strike.

"Oh so you brought your party," Carl scan us until his eyes landed on me. "And my little toy."

"Im not your fucking toy," I growled.

"You came willingly."

"To protect them."

"Well honey you made the wrong choice for escaping."

"Don't call me honey." I narrow my eyes into slits. If I could shoot lasers out of my eyes he would be six feet underground.

"No, you just messed with the wrong people," Roland replies.

"Shut up Roland."

"NO! I'm not! I'm going to stand my ground! You need to feel what it's like to be treated horribly! To feel like a burden! A disappointment! Everything that Blade and I felt is what you need to feel!"

Carl grew furious now booking it towards me. Without a second thought I threw the stake at him but he dodged it. He's got fast reflexes.

Knocking into me we fell him on top of me. I struggled to get out as he grabbed a handful of my hair and yanked it. I screeched in pain but kneed him in the rib cage. His grip loosen and managing to escape.

I crawled it up of him and started punching him.

"This," punch "is," punch "what," punch "you," punch "get," punch. I'm pulled off when I take a sneak glance at Carl. His face is unrecognizable. His left eye is swollen shut while his right eye is bruised. His nose grew a large red swollen rock as blood leaked from his nose and mouth. His lips were cracked opened.

I'm usually remorseful but not today. Not one ounce of remorse enters my body.

"That's what you get bitch!" I spit at him. I yank my arms away from the person who dares stop me.

"You will regret this," he growls lowly.

Before we know it, he dismissed himself like a coward but not in the direction of his home like we expected him. Instead he ran towards the city. Raul called in Blade to instruct him towards the city. While we booked it back towards town Raul stayed behind explain our situation to Blade.

"Alright, Victoria, Roland and Amber, you go in the town. Sarah, Sabe, and Sapphire, go to the school while the rest of us head towards the neighbourhoods," Keir commands.

We nod going our separate ways.