Chapter thirty three

Blade's POV

We were getting ready for the war with the Vanetts when Mr. Harper came up to me.

"Ramose, come with me."

I though I was in trouble since he didn't like me. I obeyed and followed him. We walked out of the warehouse into the forest silently when he spoke up.

"Look, you do realize that I'm just watching over my daughter. I don't want her hurt."

"I know."

"Good. Because I'd like you to know that I know you like my daughter. Not in a friend way but a crush way."

I go to disagree with him but he stopped me. "I see the way you look at her. I'm not stupid."

"I never said you were."

"Well, I know you like her, possibly love her. All I'm saying is that when I die, cause I know I will die tonight. Is that when I'm gone take care of her. Make sure she doesn't do anything stupid."

I'm at loss for words. He's asking me to protect his daughter after he didn't let me near her? Dying?!

"Your not gonna die tonight."

"Yeah I am. My gut says so. I know I will. When I do, tell her that I love her and protect her. I trust you. I know your probably thinking 'why am I telling you this after I kept you away from her?'"

I nod.

"Well, I trust you guys. You're helping us with them so it's fair."

We stopped as he turns to me setting his hands on my shoulder.

"I trust you with all my heart. Same with Carol. Don't let us down."

"I won't Mr. Harper."

A smile grew on his face. I've never seen this guy smile before, it kind of creeped me out.

"Now, let go kill some vampires."

-

"Blade this is not your fault," Victoria said. Raul and Victoria have been trying to calm me down. Sarah's upstairs resting as her body heals.

"Yes it is! I wasn't there to protect her like I should have. I promised him Victoria."

"Honey it isn't. You heard what she said. She doesn't want us to get hurt from her choice."

"I promised him and I broke it."

"Blade," Raul jumped in, "you didn't. You did the best you could. It was her choice that neither of us knew about. Don't beat yourself up for something we all couldn't handle. She's with us now so don't worry what about what happened."

"Well she got fucking beaten up and raped for god sakes."

"We get that and we're all worried for her, but you and Roland have a plan to defeat him, right?" Victoria says.

I nod stiffly.

"We know your worried about her darling. We all are. In the end though, she'll be fine. Sarah's went through a lot. By herself."

"I know it's just . . . I promised Carol and Jeff that I would protect their daughter. They trust me."

"And so they should. You proven to us all that you are capable of protecting the people you love. Even to the vampire hunters."

I nod. They are right. She has been through a lot without me.I trust her enough to fight her own battles but when it comes to my father, it's a different story. I've been through it all. I know what he does. Sarah doesn't know how sever it can get and that's what's worrying me.

"Blade go have a break, rest with her. You need all of the energy you can get before fighting," Victoria states.

She's right. I need to rest before we fight. After that he'll be no more. Carl Ramose will be gone forever.