Chapter twelve

Blade's POV

"I need you to stay away from my daughter Ramose! Or there will be consequences!" Jeff Harper warns.

"I know," I growl.

Harper doesn't realize that Sarah and her friends wandered into the forest near the Vanetts side. Sarah, is scarred for fucks sakes, yet she's still near the forest.

Of course she wouldn't dare step into the forest grounds but her friends did. I was wandering around for air when I spot them. I warned them not to go near that side of the forest.

Sarah almost had a panic attack from it. Her friends walked back out of the forest onto the pathway where Sarah stayed.

"Look, for your safety stay away from that side of the forest."

"Or what?" The red head said, fiercely.

"Or else you could die."

Sarah grabs her phone and starts calling her father, I presume.

It didn't take long for him to show up. It's not the first time that I had disagreements with him. "Ramose I warned you!"

Her friends scurried to the van but Sarah stayed behind her father. I warned them and he warns me. It's a fair trade.

"This is the last warning Ramose. You and your kind stay away!"

Harper wraps his arm around Sarah turning around towards the truck.

-

I've warned them but they didn't listen to me!

I'm walking through our part of the forest back to my home.

The forest is peaceful. A place where I can think without any disruptions.

Until I hear fainted cries.

Stopping in my tracks, I listen intently to the cries. It sounds like a little girls. Walking towards the sound, I speed up my pace until I was jogging.

Coming up to a river where it flows calmingly, scanning my surroundings, I find a little girl walking by the river towards me.

Her clothes are tattered and muddy, there's scratches on her arms and legs. Her blonde hair is tangled.

"Hey," I say my voice soothing and calm. I don't want to scare her off.

She looks at me. Scared.

"Hey, I won't hurt you. But what are you doing out here all alone?"

Her crying stopped but she kept her distance from me, not uttering a word.

I crouch down to her level so I don't seem scary. "I . . ."

"What's your name?" I almost whisper.

"Sapphire."

"Well Sapphire, that's a beautiful name. What are you doing out here all alone?"

"My momma and daddy and I were walking in forest when a big scary man showed up. He bit my parents and me. He killed them but I left. I'm hungry. I can't remember what day it is."

"I'm sorry to hear about that. Has the man chased you?"

She shakes her head frantically.

"How old are you?"

"Five and a half. That's what my momma says."

"Okay, you said you're hungry right?"