Plan number one ruined

Freya

I doubled over planting my hands on my knees trying to catch my breath. We have been running the same drill over and over all day. My arms hurt horribly from blocking his strikes. Sweat dripped down my body. Jeff at least allowed me a moment to rest, the others weren't as kind. Today it has just been the two of us running the drill instead of the usual crowd. Father hadn't been home all day either.

"Again" Jeff said getting into position.

Taking a big breath I moved into my stance. Jeff was a taller man with fiery hair that stuck to his forehead anytime he began to sweat. He advanced throwing the same punches. I dodged the first and used my forearm to block the second. I grunted feeling this blow deepen the bruises that had formed there. He threw another that I blocked with my other forearm. With his arm knocked to the side I threw the practiced combination of punches right down the middle. Hitting him in the chest and jaw. I had moved faster this time catching him off guard. While he was distracted I lifted my foot sending a kick directly at his diaphragm. Jeff reacted quick, grabbing my ankle he yanked me off balance. 

I wheezed landing on my back. The door opened and from my position on the floor I saw my father with two men that often followed him around. "You've come along way these last few years. We will run it again tomorrow. Get cleaned up" Jeff said. I gave him a nod in thanks. His expression remained neutral. His eyes met my fathers and he nodded following the group to the other room.

Hauling myself to my feet I went into the bathroom. Water was on short supply this month so I opened the tap just enough to wet a corner of the rag. I wiped the sweat from my face and neck. The point of the drill was to toughen my forearms so if I was ever in a situation where I needed to knock someones weapon away I could without being distracted by the effect of it. I pushed up my sleeves to see the damage. The outer edge of my forearms have dark bruises most focused in  the area between the middle and elbow. I rolled my sleeves down and turned off the light. 

I haven't seen Anna a lot lately, its still early afternoon I should go see her for a while. Her stories about running around medical are a good distraction. Just before I was about to leave I caught sight of the room my father was in, the door was cracked open. Curiosity got the better of me and I leaned against the wall listening in.

"Charlie, if we strike now it would be too soon not everyone is in place."

My father responded, "No, it's the perfect time. Theres a problem with the oxygen system everyone will be scrambling to fix it therefore not paying attention. If we make our move soon we can pull this off."

"How do you know about the oxygen problem? What if it's just a rumor?" Jeff questioned.

His temper flared and my father slammed something against the table. "It's not just a rumor I heard it come out of Jake Griffin's mouth when he told his wife. Bugging the council members homes has paid off gentlemen! We move by the end of the week" he announced.

I tried not to make a sound. So he's moving at the end of the week? Will father finally tell me what is going on? All anyone has said to me is that there will be a fight of some kind. And as the leaders -my father- daughter I don't have a choice in participating. Morally my only obligation is to protect Anna. As soon as I know more about the plan I can make sure she's out of harms way. 

I mean we're on a space station so its not like he can damage the ark to the point where we fall out of the sky. 

Anna

When I woke up this morning Abby was already gone. Upon landing stations broke off of the ark landing in different unknown locations. And gravity is a bitch making the majority of the rooms on the ring unusable. Abby let me stay with her in one room. A few days ago guards found Raven and a few others. They say during a battle with grounders people in strange suits came, taking everyone who was alive in the drop ship.