Court

Freya

"Does it hurt?" Lexa asked softly.

I was still trying to caught my breath. "You know you don't-" I paused to take a deep breath, "have to ask me that every time." My body was sweaty and quivering still. Lexa moved from where she had been kneeling between my legs.

She shook her head with a light smile. "I mean the markings" she said.

I looked at my shoulder where the fresh ink twisted around my shoulder and down my bicep. It continued down my right side and under my breast. "Oh" I mumbled. "It just feels like a healing cut" I said. With how long it took for the small tradition to be completed I'm surprised it didn't burn more. I tore my eyes away from the design, "Will it really be there forever?"

Lexa was already looking at me adoringly. "It will" she sat up and crossed her legs under herself. Giving that she was still naked I tried to keep from getting distracted by her body. "Tattoos are a big part of grounder culture. Every clan has different designs" she straightened her posture unknowingly thrusting her breasts out.

"I like yours" I said reaching for the one on her arm. The tattoo on her back was beautiful. Lexa's cheeks burned pink. Then she laid down beside me. The muscles in my legs were still shaking as she ran her hand up my thigh. "What's stressing you out, Lexa?" I asked. 

She looked far more relaxed now than when she first came to bed. Lexa sighed. "More Azegeda spies have been found around polis. Queen Nia is planning something" she said. I knew she had more to say and that part of what was stressing her out was worrying about me. Rolling on to my side I tangled my legs with hers. "Her spies have revealed that she knows you are mine. And she may try to use that against me to try and take the throne from trikru" she frowned.

"As long as you promise not to let your guard down I won't let mine down either" I said. Lexa nodded hugging me close against her body. "Even if Clarke isn't found there are other clans who will fight with tirkru against azegeda" I said. As much as I want an update on my friends in skaikru I will go to war without them.

"I would like to avoid a war but azegeda will not stop until the commander is of their clan" Lexa was troubling herself by worrying about this right now. The safety of her people weighed heavily on her twenty four seven. Every chance I have I want to help her relax. She deserves a peaceful life but I know the demands of being the commander will never allow that. And it was all because of the blood she was born with.

I kissed her feeling her lean into me. Leaning a way I pulled the blanket over us. "You don't want to wear clothes to bed?" she asked.

"No, I want to hold you like this" I smiled rolling onto my back and wrapping my arms around her waist. Lexa laid her head on my chest and wiggled around to get comfortable. I felt her lightly kiss my collar bone and her thumb rubbed along the ink under my breast. It didn't take long for me to drift off to sleep. When Lexa was with me I slept so easily.

Lexa was braiding her hair in front of her mirror trying not to make it look like she wasn't watching me. I was wrapping my chest in the fashion I've become quite familiar with since landing on earth. Resources on the ark were limited so I don't know why we still had bra's from before the bombs. They were uncomfortable as hell. The grounders have the right idea with just wrapping a long piece of cloth around you to keep it all supported.

"Come here" she finally turned away from the mirror. I sat in the chair that she got up from. She didn't say much just began to comb her fingers through my hair. "Will you come to court today?" she asked. Since the outburst in court the first time I have been back a few times but stuck to the background.