In the skybox

Anna

Locked in this small metal room I have no sense of the time passing. There is no clock and they took my watch not long after they had thrown me in here. Nigel ratted us out to Kane and I assume when he went for Abby he sent his men for me and Raven. Please let her have made it to the ground in her drop ship. Alive. I tried to watch for her pod from the tiny window high on the wall but it didn't allow me to see far in any direction. Not to mention the outside was dirtied from years in space. 

With another sigh I sat leaning against the wall starring straight at the door. What were they going to do with me? I turn eighteen in a few months but according to Abby we don't have that long. Would they leave me here to suffocate alone? I'd be completely alone in the last minutes of my life as my eyes closed for a final time. I would never know if Freya was alive on earth somewhere causing trouble. She's probably closed most of herself off from everyone by now. Creating a big mess of herself for me to resolve when I finally see her again. If I see her again. 

Exhaling I felt a shake work it's self up my throat. I made no move to stop the tears from falling down my face. I'm going to die alone in this cell. Sniffling I rubbed my eyes before looking upwards to the ceiling. "P-please" I croaked through the building lump in my throat thinking of my best friend on earth. Sucking in another breath I continued to talk to myself, "Don't let her die alone. She deserves happiness." A sob managed to break through before I attempted to stop it, "I-I hope she finds hap-happiness." Shifting slowly I rested my head in my hands propped against my knees. "She is good she doesn't think so but she is good" this came out as a whisper. 

I let the sobs rake through my body now not caring to control any of it anymore. Freya was there for me since before my parents got sick. Even with everything that was happening to her she was always there to keep me smiling. After days of being locked away by her father she still traded some of her rations to give me gifts. No matter how much I argued with her about trading her rations just to give me things. She was my rock when I needed her most and now she's without me down there. Please, don't let her be alone with no one to bare some of the weight from her back. To ease her mind when she needs it. To reassure her she isn't what her father tried so hard to make her. To cause a smile that truly meets her eyes. 

Eventually I felt my eyes begin to droop in exhaustion and I let my body slide fully to the floor before passing out. Freezing concrete under me was the last thing I felt and the machine hum that I always hated sounded louder in this cell. Finally I let myself fall into the darkness of restless sleep. My thoughts on Freya. 

"Anna" my vision was blurred as I felt myself being shaken awake. "Anna wake up" they shook me by my shoulders once again. 

"Huh Abby?" I groaned finally recognizing who was in front of me. 

The older woman smiled down at me and nodded. "Come with me" she grinned sitting next to me on the sad excuse for a bed. For once I choose to sleep on it instead of the floor and honestly there isn't much difference. 

"Wait" I sat up staring at her then looking to see the door to my cell open. "How are you here? I was sure they would have floated you for sending Raven to the ground" I spoke fast. 

"They were about to when it happened" she stopped just to stare at me. 

"What when what happened Abby?" I questioned impatiently, this time standing up from my bed. 

"She made it, Anna. Raven made it and she radioed back. The hundred are alive!" she said. A grin covered both Abby's and my face. 

"Oh thank god!" I shouted and threw myself onto her, she caught me. Giving me a hug I hadn't felt since my mother was alive. Pushing that thought away I pulled back to ask, "Freya? Is she-"