Finn's Moral Compass

Freya

"Teik emo fresh clothes" the woman held out a pile of clothes for me to see. The grounder language must be made from english since it seems every other word is one I can understand. I nodded watching her set them on the table across the room. Then she approached me reaching her hand out for my head. But I leaned away before she could touch me. I'm not sure where I am anymore since I don't recognize this tent and no one has told me anything since I woke up.

"Where's Nyko?"

The grounder only tilted her head looking at me confused.

"Nyko?" I tried asking again. She must understand names, right?

"The fisa ste in Tondc" her tone still laced with a little bit of confusion. I sighed and stared at her until she took a few steps back. Her hair is a light brown with braids as intricate as the other grounders but not as perfect as Lexa's. The grounder tried to approach me again only for me to lean away. My head is pounding and I would rather no one touched me right now. Especially because I don't know how long I was passed out and who was around me.

"Don't touch me" I glared at the grounder woman.

Eventually she broke our stare down and muttered, "Stubborn skai raunon." And then she turned on her foot and left the tent. I did hear her speak to someone right out outside the door in their language.

With a grunt I sat up and threw the blanket off my legs. Thankfully my head already hurt so when I sat up it didn't hurt any worse. I did reach my hand up to touch the padding on my forehead. I hissed at the stinging and immediately stopped trying to feel it. One way or another I'm going to find out what is going on. As I stood up my legs wobbled however this time it wasn't because of the arrow wound. This is why I hate being inactive, you start to become weak and vulnerable. Stumbling over to the table I couldn't help but think about when I was in a similar situation not long after Anya captured me. Lexa appeared out of no where catching me.

It didn't take very long for me to get changed into the fresh clothing, it feels good to be out of my other clothes. Now in fresh pants and a short sleeve shirt. I can see two shadows outside the door. So Lexa still has her guards posted on my tent. Except this isn't a familiar tent it must be some kind of healing tent. Or she decided the tent she moved me too was to much. I looked around not seeing much besides the bed, table and a trunk. I would have thought there would be more medical stuff. Anna has talked a lot about ointments and different instruments. A few times she tried pointing things out in books to me.

I peaked through the gap in the fabric over the door way to see two guards standing there. Neither talked they only looked around at people walking by. Throwing the drapes back I took a better look at them. "What did you want, Sky gona" the guard I didn't recognize asked bored.

Ignoring him I looked at the other guard confirming my suspicions, its Sirus. "Can I speak with you, Sirus" I asked him. He's more likely to talk to me than any of the other grounders. And I don't see Lexa anywhere around. The other guard grumbled to himself but didn't say anything to me. A quick glimpse around I noticed this isn't Tondc. Everything looks set up temporarily.

"Heda has given me orders to stand guard" Sirus told me.

Of course she did. "I understand you have orders and I am not asking you to go against them." Sirus thought about it for a second then turned to the other guard, they had some kind of silent conversation. I stared at Sirus until he finally nodded and entered the tent. The other guard stepped to the side to stand in front of the door.

"So what has happened, Sirus" I asked him. Sirus will normally tell me what's going on even if he tries not too.

Sirus huffed and stood with his hands behind his back. "Sky gona there are things I'm not sure if I should share at this time" he said.