Horse

Freya

"These are healing nicely" Nyko mumbled nodding to himself. The past couple of days he has been checking on my arm and ribs. After Lexa told him. My arm still has a lot of healing left. Nyko leaned against his table and held a large wooden bowl to mix. "Are you prepared to leave Tondc" he asked. His voice was monotone but still carried across the fact that he was interested.

Sighing I leaned against the table across from him. I am excited to see Polis and where Lexa is from. But I am also worried that Anna might come to Tondc and I won't be here. I doubt Skaikru will be coming around any time soon though. "The commander says Polis is a beautiful place, I'm excited to see it. I just don't want my friends to think I've abandoned them" I said.

He threw a splash of something into his bowl. "They should know that you have new responsibilities to Trikru" he said.

"If Trikru mends its relationship with Skaikru then-" I sighed trying to think of a way to explain my thought process. "I just want the few that I actually like to be able to find me" I said.

"So they come around, I tell them you are in Polis with Heda" he nodded. He set his bowl down and reached for a jar.

For now I think this is the best I will get. It's not like I can show up at Arkadia to tell Anna. I'd be shot down before I reached the gate. "Mochof" I said to him.

He handed me a jar of the paste for my arm and a bundle of wraps. "Keep it covered for a few more days. Defiantly on the ride to Polis" he said.

"I will" I nodded to him.

"Go, don't keep the commander waiting" he waved. "Next time you're in Tondc come see me" he added.

I gave him a nod before stepping out. Over the past couple of days the staring has become less frequent. I also caught a glimpse of Sirus one day but I didn't want to disrupt him, he was speaking with an older woman. His mother I assume. It's good to know he is alive.

Outside my tent I stopped myself from entering. The creaking of my trunk closing was followed by fingers drumming lightly over the table. Moving the flap to the side I watched her inspect my tent. Lexa looked stunning in her tight pants and long sleeve shirt. Her hair swayed with the movement of her head. Her braids were beautiful as always. "Are you going to come in?" she asked not turning her head an inch from what she was looking at.

"I was trying to decide if the intruder in my tent was dangerous or not" I said walking over to my table.

Lexa turned around and restrained herself from smiling. "How can I be an intruder in a tent that is mine" she cocked her head slightly to the side.

Setting Nyko's jar of paste down I leaned past Lexa to drag my bag closer to me. "I figured I'd meet you at the gate. What are you doing here?" I asked. The jar was glass so I placed it at the center of my clothes. Well, the clothes were in the trunk and I am claiming them as mine.

"I came to give you this" she set a bundle on the table besides my bag. "In Polis you cannot always carry your sword" she said.

She watched intently as I took the bundle and unwrapped it. My eyes widened seeing a dagger and its holster. The leather was dark brown and when I pulled the dagger from its sheath I was surprised at its etchings. The handle was polished wood, one side had a tree and the other had a crescent moon. I realized that I had been staring at it for so long, "Mochof."

Lexa rested her hands behind her back. "You like it" it was more of a statement than a question. "The straps go around your thigh. Here let me" she held out her hand. Her smile was innocent enough. I handed her the bundle and watched as she leaned down to tighten it around my left thigh. Her touch was soft against my leg. "Hows that?" she asked.