Jus Drein Jus Daun

Freya

My eyes peeled open, I expected to be blinded by the sun but I was not. My hands shot to grab at the needles as my mind cleared. They're gone. Sitting up I hung my legs over the edge of the table. My jacket was missing leaving me in a sleeveless shirt. A bruise was darkened across my bicep.

"You are awake" Lexa entered slow with her back facing me.

"Yeah" I mumbled. "What happened? Shouldn't I be executed by now or about to be?" I asked. She hadn't turned to face me yet which I found odd. Lexa was always looking at me in one way or another. Something had to have happened. Am I late waking up? Did the mountain fall already?

"Sirus came to notify me skaikru was about to kill you for your crimes on the ark. I stopped it" she said still busying herself with touching the tent flaps.

I stood from the table but didn't approach her. Even from behind I can see blood. Did she break the truce over me? No, she wouldn't enter her people into a war they didn't need to fight. "How?" I asked.

Finally, she faced me. Her face was splattered with various shades of drying blood. As was her armor. "I told them you accepted my offer. That you are Trikru and under my command" she spoke so soft I could have missed it.

For the moment I didn't question the blood, "I don't remember giving you an answer to your offer" I squinted crossing my arms. Truthfully I was leaning towards accepting there were just other things to consider like Anna, Clarke, Octavia and the rest.

The first sign of emotion was a smirk that faded quickly. "Trikru is lucky to have you" she said.

I smiled happy to be one of her people maybe this will uncomplicate things between us. "Now where is everyone? Anna? Is the battle over?" I questioned.

Lexa seemed to center herself before looking at me struggling to be detached. "They're in the mountain. I was offered a deal. Pull back my warriors and they release our people they have captive" she said.

"And you took it?" I grit. My mind spun. One side understood as a leader you have to make difficult decisions but the other side was fuming.

"I had to make this choice with my head. For our people" she said rigid. "We're leaving."

My fists clenched at my sides. "And Anna? She's in the mountain" I growled out. 

"She was with Raven" Lexa confirmed.

I headed for the exit my mind made up. Lexa grabbed my hand as I passed and yanked me back. In a flash I twisted pinning her against the table I woke up on. My fingers dug into her wrist. "You can't stop me from going in there even if you are my commander now" I snarled barely keeping myself from yelling in her face. For once Lexa looked soft as something that I couldn't determine clouded her eyes. She gulped, leaning into me about to speak. "I'll die in that mountain if I have to" I said stepping away.

While she was distracted I headed for the door again. "Freya wait" this time she spoke in her commanding tone.

"What!" I yelled spinning back around just before the door.

As I did she was already two steps behind me. Lexa grabbed my shirt yanking me across the distance and planted her lips on mine. "Don't you dare die in the mounon, hodess" she whispered an inch from my lips. I blinked my eyes open to see her completely vulnerable.

Steeling myself I said, "I'll try." My voice came out raspy.

Lexa nodded and leaned down to pick up something from under the table. "After the mountain falls return to Tondc" she held out a sword.

Taking it from her I gave her a nod. I couldn't debate with myself right now to be angry with her or not. Now I need to make sure Anna is still alive. Buckling the belt around my waist I quickly adjusted the sword on my side. I stopped myself from looking at her because I knew I would only stay longer. Running from the tent towards Mount Weather grounders watched me curiously. I didn't stop until I reached the doors and was panting from running the mile as fast as I could.