Queen Nia Kom Azegeda

Freya

Our wooden swards clashed together as Aden came at me with another combination. He was more agile now that he had been practicing with a staff. He pushed on his sword trying to break through my defense. Finally, I pushed back swirling our wooden blades around one another sending his flying out of his hand. Then I aimed mine at his throat as a signal that our sparring match is over.

He was panting with beads of sweat dripping down his face. "I almost had you that time" he huffed with a proud look.

Dropping my sword from his throat I winked, "Almost." He was certainly improving everyday. And if I ever had to see the day a new commander rose I'm glad it would be him who won the conclave. Wiping my forehead of sweat I glanced at the sky. "I need to be on my way though, we can pick up another day" I told him.

The kid nodded disappointed but understood I didn't have all day to train with him. I was slightly disappointed too. Watching Lexa with her night bloods and how he respected her was heart warming. "Another day" he agreed. Aden gathered his training sword and mine to put away.

Once I had my actual sword and dagger on my person again I gave him a wave before heading around the base of the tower. Lexa had a few meetings to attend this morning but ask me to join her later in the throne room to discus azegeda. I took the elevator up to that floor. Taking the time of the ride to clean my face of sweat. The guards immediately opened a door for me upon seeing me in the hall. The door closed behind me letting the room know of my presence.

Lexa was standing by her drafting table with a woman in a dark robe. I recognized it as a flamekeeper robe. "Freya" Lexa looked up keeping a neutral expression but her voice conveying her happiness to see me.

"Lexa" I greeted her back. No one batted an eye at me addressing her by her name anymore. I thinking part of why is because I still showed respect for her as the commander.

I joined them at the table, standing beside Lexa. She was wearing casual clothes, black pants and a long sleeve dark grey shirt. Her usual headpiece was situated on her forehead between her eyes. "This is Gaia one of the two flamekeepers we have" She said turning to younger woman.

By younger I mean younger than the skeleton man that tried to kill me. She was a few inches shorter than Lexa but around the same age. Her hair was long with a few dreads, beads and several braids. Notably though she had a small smile and not a hateful scowl when looking at me. "I've heard much about you, Freya kom trikru" she said kindly.

"Hopefully your opinion of me isn't to bad" I said maintaining eye contact with the young flamekeeper.

Lexa looked like she wanted to set her hand on me but stopped herself. "Gaia is trustworthy she's loyal to the flame" she said.

"Titus had some idea's about distractions that blinded him from seeing the purpose you give our commander" Gaia's tone showed that she believed what she was saying.

Hardly anyone besides Anna commented on our relationship so I was a bit uncomfortable by her words. But at the same time knowing she didn't believe in love is weakness was great. "Well thanks for the support" I said looking back to Lexa. She masked her expression well but I could tell she also felt uncomfortable. She had fully trusted Titus until he betrayed her and fled. Even though she needs a flamekeeper she wouldn't fully trust Gaia with all information like she had Titus.

The doors opened this time allowing in Clarke, Anna, Sirus, Octivia, Lincoln and Bellamy. Anna smiled dragging Sirus over to stand next to me. The others filed in around the other side of the table. "You may go, Gaia" Lexa excused her flamekeeper.

"Yes heda" she bowed her head and disappeared through the doors.

Anna leaned in to whisper in my ear, "Who was that?"