Market

Freya

I'd never felt so comfortable in a bed. The furs were soft and warm. I was able to get into a light sleep within minutes of laying down. The few hours of sleep I got were for once restful. Since, I've laid here in comfort thinking through things. 

If Anna was doing alright or not. She trained for years under Abby, I imagine she is a valued doctor for Skaikru. Octavia has probably by now found a way to sneak out of Arkadia to visit with Lincoln. With Clarke theres no telling what she could be doing in the aftermath of the mountain. She flooded the mountain with radiation. And her mother doesn't see her as a leader. I hope that Monty and Jasper are adjusting well to being free.

My thoughts were cut short by a knock on the room door. I waited for a moment to see if Lexa would come In but the door stayed closed. Quietly, I rolled out of bed and pulled the dagger from its casing. The only other person aside from Lexa in Polis I've met was Titus. And I get the sense that he isn't above trying to get rid of me. I held the dagger just out of sight was I opened the door slightly.

A short girl with matching brown eyes and hair smiled politely at me. She was alone in the hall. "Morning skai gona, a bath has been prepared for you" she said.

I hadn't seen a bath since the ark. Even in the skybox you were allowed a bath every few days that lasted ten minutes. But I didn't think there was running water in Polis. "Okay" I said suspicious. Subtly I slid the dagger into my pants along my hip.

The girl nodded, "this way." She turned on her heel and led me down the hall a few doors. Then she held the door open to a midsize room. The floor was tile and at its center was tub. A small table was pushed to one wall, it held many items. Steam came off the water. "These were left for you" she said standing by the table where a pile of clothes sat.

"Mochof" I said still observing the room. Without a word she nodded and left the room. That left me alone. I'm disappointed to not see Lexa anywhere but she must be off tending to important matters.

The water was warm not burning hot. I stripped out of my shirt and pants, leaving them on the table. There were several soaps to choose from. I smelled a few before settling on one that smelled sweet. The warm water relaxed my muscles as I sat down.I relaxed and unwrapped my arm to soak it in the water as well. The tub felt bigger like it could fit two people. Now I'm really disappointed Lexa isn't here. 

After sitting for awhile I began washing myself with the soap, taking this opportunity to clean off all the dirt that has probably been on me since coming to earth. I lathered a bit of soap into my hair as well and set forward to detangle it with my fingers. Eventually, the water turned cold and I stepped out to dry off. A sheet of fabric was on the table so I used it to dry my hair. The clothes were a pair of black pants and a shirt that buttoned with short sleeves. It's color reminded me of the forest around Tondc. 

Back in my room I fastened the straps around my thigh to carry the dagger. I wrapped my arm again with more of Nyko's cream. The bruises on my back I didn't feel anymore and my side was fine as long as it wasn't touched much. Someone knocked on the other side of the door and opened it soon after. I was sitting on bed tying the laces to my boots when Lexa entered. She was wearing black pants and a grey top that was covered by leather straps that weren't quite armor. They framed her chest perfectly, I tried not to stare but fuck she was beautiful.

"Good morning Freya" she said.

I blinked snapping myself out of my trance and looked away from the leather. "Morning Lexa" my voice came a bit husky.

Lexa froze for a second and gulped. "Did you sleep well?" she asked composing herself.

"Yes the bed was very nice. Did you sleep good?" I asked her in return.