A moment of weakness

The guards brought me to a different tent. After shoving me inside two of them never moved from the door. The tent is big. At first glance it was obvious this is Lexa's tent. One side had a large bed covered in nice quality pillows and animal furs. A trunk sat against the wall near her bed with a wooden stand next to it. It looks like a coat rack it must be for her armor. She was wearing it when she came to Finn's tent. Adjacent to the bed is a table that is larger than the one from my previous tent. It had a stump next to it to serve as a chair. I looked at the table, it's cluttered with maps and other papers. Although none of the pictures had words only pictures. Pushing aside the papers I paused to see a collection of drawings. All on small piece of paper that appear to have been ripped out of a journal.

They were drawings of me. Instinctively I glanced at the door again before picking them up. The one on top looked worn like it has been picked up a lot. I was sitting in the grass with my stick laying at my feet. I remember this day, it was when Octavia was still mad so I'd gone to train alone. After a few hours I sat and felt the sun on my face for awhile. In the drawing I was leaning on my hands and my head tilted up with my eyes closed.

Moving that aside the next drawing almost made me choke. It was after Murphy was banished and I left camp for two days. I was standing in the river washing off. I was using my shirt to clean my chest in the drawing. There were even water droplets drawn on my chest and abdomen. What would Lexa have this? Lincoln has to be the one who drew this, I know he was hanging around camp for a long time.

The last drawing was of my back. You can see I'm standing near the drop ship. The whole page is shaded over almost like they are trying to show it was night time. The marks on my back are distinct lines. They have to be of the bruises the guards in the skybox gave me just before we were sent down.

Shouting outside picked up. Quickly I folded the topless drawing of me and put it in my pocket. I pulled back the flap and took a step out of Lexa's tent. Instantly the guard held his hand out. The woman beside him only grunted and I could see her roll her eyes. Some of the shouting was in English and the rest in the grounder language. They were angry. A particular yell in their language made the two guards glare harder ahead.

"What are they saying?" I asked. From here I can't see the clearing where they had to of taken Finn. This has to be related to him some way.

The woman clenched her jaw before saying, "the sky girl has given the boy a quick death." I looked at the sky and there are hours of night left. Clarke must have asked to say goodbye and killed Finn before he could be tortured. Faintly I heard a woman screaming, it sounded painful. Raven. Was she watching? I can't imagine her pain, Finn was still someone special to her even after his actions.

The next voice that yelled was loud and full of authority. "Enough! Blood has been answered with blood!" Lexa yelled in English. She followed it with something else in their language. Immediately the shouting began to quiet down.

"What will happen now?" I asked the guards. Something my father said made more sense the longer I was around grounders, 'if you ask an angry person a question they most likely will answer because they think it will hurt you.' And he was right, the grounders would answer questions trying to frighten me.

"The sky boys body will burn with his victims" she said angrily. A glow emanated from the clearing. Standing there with the guards a while longer I watched the glow.

I turned back into Lexa's tent and sighed. This would weigh on Clarke, having to kill someone she cared for. She will survive though.

I sat down at Lexa's table on the stump. The drawing of me in the sunlight stuck out at me. She was in a completely different situation. She hasn't been shot with arrows or hit in the head too many times her nose to start to bleed. She was still thinking about that touch on her face before she woke up by the river. Despite all that was going on the drawing looks peaceful.