Aches

Freya

I haven't seen much of Lexa since we talked about the bridge over a week ago. I watched the sun rise and set day after day. She did have people she had to lead, far more than a hundred. So I understood. To say I was getting stir crazy was an understatement. Once daily one of the guards I learned stood outside my door brought me a plate of food. Almost always cold. They gave me a few cups of water a day as well. But the lack of food caused my stomach to growl. Yet it was better then the days I would go without food from my father. I was fine. Yet I longed to be outside again. It's feels like I'm back on the ark, locked in solitary. I knew better then to try to walk on my leg the second after Lexa untied me. After waiting another day I tried to stand on my feet. I didn't get very far before I ripped the stitches out of the back of my leg. My leg needed to heal stronger before I could fight again. I will not be weak.

The healer stopped coming to check my injuries the other day. He was an alright guy, Nyko was his name. He referred to me as skai gona which he explained means sky warrior. He also showed me how to continue to wrap my leg on my own. My nose is broken and he had to break it into place again so it could heal properly. That was a great time but it did help quite a bit. My face didn't hurt as much anymore. Instead there was now just a dull ache in my face and leg. My wrist was almost unnoticeable as well. This morning I woke up with a headache but it passed quickly. If Clarke were here she would probably have something to say about my head injury. But she wasn't.

The guards set some fresh clothes on the table not to long ago when they brought me my first cup of water. I want to get changed into the new clothes since these ones are dirtied with blood, sweat and mud. Not wanting to put it off any longer I sat up straighter on the bed. Grunting alone in my room I swung my legs over the side. I paused waiting for the usual pain moving my leg brought on. It subsided a little and I thought of what Nyko told me. It was going to be painful but I need to walk on it. Just as long as I do not put all of my weight on it. "Alright Nyko, hopefully this goes better than last time" I said to myself.

Very slowly I stood up from the bed. Putting all my weight onto my good leg. But days of little use caused it to wobble under my weight. My balance being off. Sucking in a breath I stepped forward on my injured leg. "Fuck" I cursed quickly stumbling the last step to the table and leaning all my weight on it. "Ugh wasn't expecting that" I groaned. Even though it didn't hurt as much as the first time I still didn't expect this feeling. Thank god my father never caused any kind of injury like this one. He would have forced me to fight on it. Although maybe if he had I would be better suited to handle this. He raised me to be strong even if I do not agree with his methods.

I leaned my head on the table as I basically laid across it. Only allowing myself a minute to adjust to the tormenting feeling. I sat myself down into the chair besides the table. Groaning under my breath I checked my bandages making sure I hadn't ripped the stitches. Nyko would not be very happy. I don't see any blood so I think we're good. Now I just need to get changed.

I pulled my filthy shirt off easily and set it on the table. My skin still covered in a layer of grime as I had not been able to wash myself off properly since being here. Running my fingers over the scabbing on my chest. The axe had cut through my shirt and grazed me. Nyko applied something that looked like green mud to it. Said it will protect it from infection. Using the chair to support me I carefully shimmied out of my pants. The shortened pant leg didn't prove difficult to get over my wound. Leaving my pants in a pile on the floor I grabbed the pair from the table. And so I sat there in the undergarments I still wore from lockup. We tried to clean our clothes when we could but everyone still pretty much wore what we came down in. The grounder pants they gave me did not look to different from the ones you saw on the ark. There black with pockets on the mid thigh area and were held together by buttons.