Finally laying eyes on her again

Freya

Here I am again. Trying to fall asleep but failing. Laying on my side I stared at the cave wall in front of me. My body was tired yet sleep wouldn't come. Closing my eyes I thought of her. By tomorrow I'll be with her again, in her arms. Just her presence beside me would be enough to set my mind at ease and fall asleep.

A small fire was crackling behind me. Anna was sitting closest to my turned back. While Clarke, Octavia and Bellamy were on the other side of the fire. Lincoln and Sirus volunteered to keep watch outside. "She really looked like one of them- a grounder" Bellamy's tone was full of judgement.

"Because she is one of them, she's trikru" Octavia said to her brother. I didn't move letting them believe I was asleep and not listening. Even if I weren't listening I knew Anna wouldn't tell them anything extremely personal.

"It's like she never lived on the ark" he said.

Clarke snorted, "Her time on the ark is why she wants to be apart of the commanders clan. Right Anna?" Anna only hummed in response. "See" Clarke mumbled.

"Still I can't imagine betraying my people to join the grounders. The same people who have killed us on many occasions" Bellamy spoke beginning to anger himself. Turning around and arguing with him would only play into what he wants, so I didn't. I can't believe after the drop ship, the execution attempt and the countless rumors about me he still thinks I shouldn't be in skaikru. They would never trust me, the feeling was likewise.

Octavia was now getting fed up with her brother. "You weren't there when Abby tried to have her executed even though our crimes were pardoned. It was the final straw. Anna and us are her only people so what does it matter to you, Bell" she bit out.

"How do you feel about this?" he asked. I assume to Anna.

"She's happy now, everything else is irrelevant" Anna told him. She always told me all she wanted was for me to find happiness, in whatever way. Deep down she knew I'd always come through to protect her.

Bellamy laughed humorlessly. "She left you behind" he tried to turn serious.

That hit a nervous with Anna, "Actually she didn't and if you are going to talk about her maybe you should do it when she's not listening."

There was a pause in the conversation at her small outburst. "Freya's a sleep" he said.

"Nope" I spoke. I could tell that Anna was giving him an I told you so look.

"You better work your fear of the grounders out before we arrive at polis tomorrow" Anna said laying down fully. I tuned out of the little conversation that happened after that. Managing to get a couple hours of sleep was the best I could have asked for.

The morning was tense whenever Bellamy was near. He had always had issue with trusting the grounders. Still he needed to understand the only clan in the coalition that would attack him was azegeda. "We should make it too polis just after nightfall" Lincoln told everyone. With so many of our group not trained in horse riding we weren't able to race too polis.

I mounted my horse and pet its mane while I waited for the others to mount up. Sirus gave Anna a kind look then nodded in my direction. She said something to him before coming over to me. "Can I ride with you?" she asked looking up at me.

Obviously she could but first I mocked her, "you don't want to ride with your boyfriend."

She tried to swat my leg but my horse moved and she ended up lightly swatting its side. The horse jolted to the side swinging his head around to find out what touched it. Anna squealed jumped back from the large head coming at her. I chuckled petting its mane to calm it. "Stop messing with my horse and get up here" I held my hand out to her.