A beautiful sight for a funeral

Anna

Humming softly to myself I am sat on the floor by Ravens pod. The young engineer right now is fixing a whole mess of things inside the ship. I feel bad, ever since I found out about her's and Abby's mission I've been hanging around in here with Raven. But seeing as I don't know anything about engineering I'm not much help to her. Raven says she enjoys my company though. "What are you most excited about to experience on earth" I wondered aloud. 

Ravens fiddling paused for a split second as she thought, "Nature. Real live -not some tiny tree that's been in space for a hundred years- nature." Grinning at her excitement I passed her another tool she pointed at. "What about you? What are you excited to see?" she questioned. 

Running my hand through my short hair I sighed. "I don't think I will ever see the ground, Raven." 

Peering over her shoulder she gave me a look. "And what makes you say that? I'm going to land my ass down there and radio back that it's safe. Then your medical protege ass will be on the next ship. So what are you most excited to see, Anna?" she asked matter of factly.

"Then the animals if there are any left" I squinted at her crossing my arms.

"Raven!" Abby burst into the room moving as if she has run all the way from medical. She found out what I'd discovered only because Raven told her. She was worried I would blab about their secret mission that can get all of us floated. 

Raven stood up the best she could in the short space and asked, "Abby? What is it" 

She didn't even wait for Raven to finish stepping out of the pod to reply, "How soon can you get this to launch today." 

My eyes widened significantly as I got to my feet next to the mechanic. "What why?" she responded uncrossing her arms. 

"The council is getting ready to vote rather or not to kill three hundred and twenty innocent people in order to preserve oxygen" Abby said showing how frazzled she was. So the councils solution is to float us in order to save us? 

"I need a pressure regulator we can't launch with out it unless you want your brain in your mouth" Ravens sarcastic comment did little to calm the urgency in the room. 

"Can you get one" the words left my mouth before Abby could open hers. 

Raven narrowed her eyes then her realization made her quite unhappy. "Yes, I can get one" 

"Good, get it done" Abby said rushing out of the room probably heading for the control room to monitor vitals.

Following Raven into the mess hall a large man stood in our way. I recognize him as Nigel's bodyguard. "Tell Nigel I'm here to trade, and before you tell me I'm in the wrong place tell her it's her little bird" she glared at the man. 

The older woman in question slowly strutted into the mess hall seating herself at a table, "Well well it's been along time little bird." 

We sat down at her table only receiving a glare from her bodyguard. "We need a pressure regulator, Nigel. What do you want for it?" Raven cut right to the chase. I've heard things about this woman before, that she is manipulative and always seems to gain something. But we have no other choice apparently. 

"And what do you need that for" Nigel smirked tilting her head to the side.

"Regulating pressure" I answered sarcastically. They both turned to me surprised the remark hadn't come from Raven. 

"Well I don't move machine parts anymore too risky, why don't you ladies trade for some clothes and whiskey like everyone else" she clapped her hands together on top of the table.