Chapter Two

Three months until the crash

I'm lying in the treehouse with my head in Thomas's lap.

We've learnt to get along despite our rocky start. My friends and brother weren't exactly sure what to do at the beginning but now they're comfortable as anything around Thomas.

Turns out that he's actually a Heretic but it's strange he was never mentioned on the show.

Speaking of Thomas he's agreed to come to Augustine with me tonight and rescue Enzo. He's been in there for long enough and I can't bare for him to remain there any longer.

'You have a lot on your mind spitfire' He murmurs while stroking my hair and I open my eyes to look up into his blue ones.

'My parents are going to die in three months' I admit quietly.

'Will you miss them?' He asks curious, knowing that I don't tend to form much emotion about anyone other than my close friends.

'I made sure not to get attached, I much prefer Jenna over them anyway. No it's Jeremy I'm worried about' I confess frowning deeply. 'I don't think I'll be able to stop it and it's going to crush him. Perhaps we could burn the bridge just to see if it would stop it.'

'Anything for you Ellie' He kisses my head softly and I give a small smile.

I sit up slowly and sit in his lap, smirking at the grin he gives me.

I kiss him slowly, my hands making their way up into his soft brown locks. He growls when I tug on his hair and I smirk against his lips.

'Alas we have to leave' I chuckle and he pulls me against him fiercely.

'Tommy. We have two jobs to do, we can make out later' I chuckle again.

He sighs releasing me and we make our way to the bridge slowly, discussing different killing methods for the scientists.

'I kinda wanna pull their vocal chords out' I ponder and Thomas just laughs at my bloodthirsty nature.

'We have a wide choice of methods spitfire. I don't think you'll be disappointed' He says and I smile at the thought of all the different methods I'll be able to try.

We make it to the bridge and Thomas lifts the sign onto the main part of the doomed bridge.

I giggle softly as flames trail out of my hand and soon it's aflame, smoke trailing up into the sky.

'I never knew you had pyromaniac tendencies Ellie'

'Oh darling there's a lot you don't know about me yet'

Two hours later

We're standing outside of the building where the Augustine bastards are torturing Enzo.

'Do you think I'll go to hell when I die for this?' I suddenly ponder as we walk to go inside.

Thomas suddenly spins me around to face him, his face an inch from mine, deadly serious.

'I'll never let you die Ellie' He promises darkly and I give him a sad smile.

'Then I'll break your heart Tommy'

'Break my heart. Break it a thousand times if you like. It was only ever yours to break anyway.' He says lovingly and I can't help but giggle.

'Did you just quote The Selection?' I giggle at him, I can't believe he just quoted Maxon from The Selection. God I love that book series.

'Only for you spitfire'

I shove him away shaking my head.

'Come on time to bite me for the show' I chuckle, still amused by his quote.

'With pleasure' he grins.

He lowers his mouth down to my neck and kisses it softly making me shiver, his teeth graze my skin seductively and I have to bite my lip to stop from making any noise.

'Tommy' I groan. 'Just do it, stop being a tease'

He sinks his teeth in, not taking much blood and he gently smears it around the wound to make it seem worse than it is really.

'Show time' I whisper grinning and Thomas melts into the shadows with a simple whisper of a spell.

I bang on the door loudly, my little doe eyes watering up on instant command.

Doctor asshole opens it and he instantly lets me in, worry crossing his face.

'This thing- I don't know what it was, it just bit me!' I cry into his chest, smirking internally at how easy it is.

'It's okay dear you're safe now.' He strokes my hair and ugh what a creep.

I straighten up my wound disappearing and confusion crosses his face.

'How? I didn't-'

I laugh loudly plunging my hand into his throat, warm blood coats my skin and I relish in the feeling.

I grab his vocal chords pulling them out and I thrust my hand back in to rip his spine out, dropping it onto the floor as his body explodes into dust.

Ah I love magic.

'Thomas you may come in' I giggle a little manically, surprising even myself.

'Wow you didn't go easy on him did you darling?' Thomas chuckles wrapping an arm around my shoulders as we stroll down to Enzo's cage.

We meet a couple of scientists on the way but we just rip out their hearts uncaring about the body count.

I hold one in my heart and I stare at it curiously. I've always found human biology fascinating.

'You alright Ellie?' Thomas asks worried and I don't reply.

I just stare at the blood on my hands thinking deeply to myself, before I dip a finger into the blood and put it in my mouth experimenting with the taste.

It's not that bad actually, there's something inside of me that likes it.

'Did you just?' Thomas questions, disbelief written all over his face.

I nod still surprised at what I did and he smiles slowly.

'And when I thought you couldn't get any more perfect' he grins.

We make it finally to Enzo's cage and we release him instantly, helping him outside.

He gives a smile at the mass of bodies and we get him into the car with a bag of blood bags on the back seat.

'Ellie. Pleasure to meet you Lorenzo' I say holding out my hand as Thomas drives.

Enzo chuckles at my blood covered hand and shakes it.

'Call me Enzo beautiful' He smirks at me causing Thomas to growl loudly.

'She's mine'

Ooh I do love a bit of possessiveness.

'No problem mate. Where are we heading?' Enzo asks while draining his fifth blood bag.

'Mystic Falls and we have a very interesting conversation awaiting us'

______________________________________