Chapter Twenty Eight

"Stiles?" I walk into the apartment Jeramiah took me to and my heart leaps in my chest when I see my mate standing in shock at the sight of me. 

"Ellie! Oh my god Ellie" He runs over to me and I run into his arms, my little sarcastic mate picking me up and spinning me around. I rest my hands on his jaw and frown when I notice the bags under his eyes, it looks chillingly familiar to Void. "It's a long story." 

I motion for him to continue and he brings me over to the sofa, keeping me on his lap as he strokes my leg. 

"When you died, it all went to hell. We felt the bond snap and we thought we had truly lost you. Kol killed half of Mystic Falls, Klaus joining his brother as Thomas slaughtered five of the nearest covens when they couldn't bring you back. When Jeramiah found us, Kai almost killed him but explained as Caroline performed a truth spell she found. I then volunteered to go to L.A with him in hopes of finding this miracle spell but before we left the border of Mystic Falls, the Ancestors decided they didn't want you coming back. They ambushed us, they managed to channel Bonnie whilst Emily used her as a host. The others are trapped with a spell around the town preventing them from leaving and you entering. Emily managed to hit me with some spell before we left." 

I had a few tears falling down my face and I gripped Stiles tightly as he explained what my family had been put through. Bonnie, oh god Bonnie she's being used as a vessel. I need to get home. 

"Stiles, have you been sleeping?" I gently stroke the dark shadows on his face and he looks at me with dark eyes as he shakes his head. "I know it's a strange question but have you been asked any riddles?"

The speed that his body tensed and how he gained a light tremble in his hands told me all I needed to know. Void. 

"I think the witches tried a spell to make you vulnerable, so then they could stop you from finding that spell. It's something very similar that I've seen else where. It's okay, we can fix this" I softly kiss his forehead and he leans into my touch. "I'll have to add some wards to this apartment, things are going to change a bit okay?"

"What's going to happen to me?" His voice breaks slightly and I feel myself break slightly on in the inside. 

"He's a nogitsune, a nasty little buggger. He feeds on chaos, pain, and strife. But it's okay because I can deal with him, we just won't play the game he's planning. I promise you'll be okay Stiles" 

My mate nods with determination and I lay my forehead against his. After a moment he gently lays his lips against mine and the kiss becomes more passionate by the second. We're soon in his bedroom and I rip his shirt off as he slips my top over my head. Stiles bites down on my collarbone and I grip his shoulders, earning a groan deep from his chest. 

"My god I've missed you" He murmurs against my skin, in-between leaving marks on my neck. 

"Show me then" I whisper and he looks at me with a devilish spark in his eyes.